Dont Leave Your House Empty

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry Arctic, most of the people who would even try to come to your place would not have the right vehicle, enough gas, a good enough orientation and even the guts to show up in the place where dead people get eaten over night by the creatures of the night...Gary

How do you think I plan to keep my dogs fed? Lol

same here..dogs need food too, fresh meat is always good for these pups..
unfortunatley I have then every now and then,but people here think they live here..
images
breed is dogo argentino..cuddly as hell when alone, ring my door bell,mood goes to protect in a millisec..

Good luck finding our place.

Sounds like you are well off the beaten path. We are in a small town, but would very much like second home many miles away from others for situations like this. Up until this I was against spending the money for it, but changing my mind pretty rapidly now. Do you really like your area? Are you far apart from others? Don’t want to be nosy, so don’t answer if you don’t want to.

Sounds like you are well off the beaten path. We are in a small town, but would very much like second home many miles away from others for situations like this. Up until this I was against spending the money for it, but changing my mind pretty rapidly now. Do you really like your area? Are you far apart from others? Don’t want to be nosy, so don’t answer if you don’t want to.
By lower 48 standards we're well off the beaten path. We're about 20 miles from town (population 500. County pop 2800) and 4 miles from the nearest neighbor. And about 4 miles from power too. We're 100% off grid on solar with diesel back-up.
I love this area. Our house sits in the middle of thousands of acres of timber and mountain meadows at 5000 foot elevation. And surrounded 100% by over a million acres of national forest land. We'll never have close neighbors. My driveway is almost 2 miles long. I have 3 locked gates on this road, 2 have electric openers powered by solar. Normally I leave 2 of the gates open in winter but last week the cattle decided to go on a walk-about. I trailed them in the snow for 4 miles before they decided to come back home. One of the calves was only 3 days old.
There's only one road in this area and it just goes up in to more wilderness and range land.
If you get a chance to get a place out of town go for it. There are certainly hardships and challenges where we live, mostly weather related, but the trade off is well worth it.

Latest posts

Back