Do you think a "military uniform outfit" is required?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mason

Banned
Reaction score
I see many you wearing bulky combat uniforms. Is there a problem with combat boots, pants with many pockets, shirts with many pockets, and a hat? I'm new to prepping by the way.

Nope, no problem. You'll find that most of the experts here recommend against the military look.

I prefer to go in khakis and a polo for most things. The khakis are by proper and the polos are moister wicking.

I prefer to go in khakis and a polo for most things. The khakis are by proper and the polos are moister wicking.
I live in Florida and I actually prefer pants and long shirt because there is a lot of thorns and such in my area.

These are what I keep for shtf wear and just around the house as well...

81eIW-EnXQL._SL1500_.jpg
81PJQhHaDUL._SL1500_.jpg

my luck seems to be that I have been walking in camo-trousers so long so no one takes any notice ;)
if would change they would propably notice that...did just order the Finnish camo-outfit model-62 which you turn for winter, did use it when doing my service, was the last "only for manouvers" dress-system, nothing fancy,but works in forrest pretty well ;)
and the prize was very good indeed; jacket and trousers for 13 dollars

my oldest son has one M05, don't know how he got it home,I used the M62 :) , yup I'm an oldtimer I know ;)
they use today one for weekend leave and one for manouvers, we had the gray uniform for leaves, I even found shiny silver buttons to put on my uniform pockets, it looked nice if I say it my self

Depending on the environment in which you'll be at the time that SHTF, camo in the many different colors that it comes in might not be a bad idea. It's called "camouflage" for a reason. Personally, I've never worn it because they don't make it in a dress.

you should make one your self :)
just pic your favorite camo and make a dress you like....hey if it's not done you might start a new fashion...

yup, the good thing about the old Finnish M62 was that it wasn't made from a single piece of fabric, they might take sleevs from this and back from here and front from yet another piece of cloth and now I don't have to buy a separate winter outfit any more

I have a truck load of Military camo from all over the world I have collected and put away in totes . I wear them hunting , fishing , shooting or patroling the sector . If I'm just working in the yard or garden blue jeans and T shirt or flannel depending on the season . But if there is a reason I'll be in full battle rattle .

Latest posts

Back