Department to ban gun modifications

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand the mentality of some people who want to ban something (bump stocks) just because they don't like them. Sounds very European to me. The problem with banning a device like the bump stock is that it won't end there. Once the banning starts on a simple accessory, it wont stop there. Next will be high cap magazines, firearm registration, ammo registration, limits on ammo sales, limits on firearm sales and ownership, excessive tax on firearms and related items. I guess the same people who support a ban on bump stocks will just roll over for these ideas too. Some foolish people may even think these are all good ideas.

If the election didn't show you how CNN was a deep state tool, I'm not sure what else could convince you. The Washington Post and Huffington Post are other prime examples, as is the New York Times.

I don't understand the mentality of some people who want to ban something (bump stocks) just because they don't like them. Sounds very European to me. The problem with banning a device like the bump stock is that it won't end there. Once the banning starts on a simple accessory, it wont stop there. Next will be high cap magazines, firearm registration, ammo registration, limits on ammo sales, limits on firearm sales and ownership, excessive tax on firearms and related items. I guess the same people who support a ban on bump stocks will just roll over for these ideas too. Some foolish people may even think these are all good ideas.

You are severely underestimating the amount of foolish people in this country. Ignorant though, is likely a better term. Because they are ignorant of guns, they simply follow whatever path they are led down by the press, all to the tune of being "righteous" and "doing something" about it.

You are severely underestimating the amount of foolish people in this country. Ignorant though, is likely a better term. Because they are ignorant of guns, they simply follow whatever path they are led down by the press, all to the tune of being "righteous" and "doing something" about it.
My point was focused more on gun owners who foolishly support the banning of bump stocks, or any other gun accessory. The country is full of misguided fools who "just want something done". I guess some gun owners fall for that BS too.

Well, some of it is the "throw them a bone, so they are satisfied" line of thinking. Of course, any such appeasement is in danger of the "give em an inch, they'll take a mile" problem, but politically, the POTUS has to make some kind of statement and action that satisfies the majority of citizens who are outraged. All in all, it's probably better to outlaw this accessory, than the alternatives that were floated about, much as it really isn't going to do anything to solve the problem.

I'm actually with you, but we aren't going to be the majority here.

After the next shooting, no doubt they'll call for something else to ban...and likely SOMETHING will be banned.

Rinse, repeat.

I know it's exactly what we DON'T want to see, but it WILL happen. The plan is as foolproof as it is diabolical.

If we're going to ban anything, how about we ban something that might actually make a difference? Violent video games, violent music lyrics, violent movies, ban guns in Hollywood for starters. Of course the effects of these types of bans would take years to show results. Unfortunately most ignorant fools just want to do something that makes them feel good right now, while they're listening to violent music, playing violent video games and watching the latest Hollywood movie that glamourizes gun violence and killing people. Today's society wants instant solutions to every problem, doesn't matter whether its effective or not.

Now we get into the hypocrisy, the same folks yelling for banning guns, are the same ones arming up in video games, where they shoot cops, steal cars, and kill innocent bystanders.

The problem with banning a device like the bump stock is that it won't end there. Once the banning starts on a simple accessory, it wont stop there.

Do you know what the Slippery Slope Fallacy is?

If we're going to ban anything, how about we ban something that might actually make a difference? Violent video games, violent music lyrics, violent movies, ban guns in Hollywood for starters. Of course the effects of these types of bans would take years to show results. Unfortunately most ignorant fools just want to do something that makes them feel good right now, while they're listening to violent music, playing violent video games and watching the latest Hollywood movie that glamourizes gun violence and killing people. Today's society wants instant solutions to every problem, doesn't matter whether its effective or not.

Did we have violence before video games and movies existed? Probably not I'm guessing!

Did we have violence before video games and movies existed? Probably not I'm guessing!

Of course there were violence before movies and video games just not at the scale we see today, both movies and video games contribute to the sanitizing violence of our young, there are many other factors that contribute to violence.

Of course there were violence before movies and video games just not at the scale we see today, both movies and video games contribute to the sanitizing violence of our young, there are many other factors that contribute to violence.

Not at the scale we see today? We were much more violent earlier in our existence. I don't think the early civilizations who were ALWAYS at war, fighting and killing were doing so because of too much exposure to movies lol.

Now we get into the hypocrisy, the same folks yelling for banning guns, are the same ones arming up in video games, where they shoot cops, steal cars, and kill innocent bystanders.

hahaha. So people who shoot cops in video games cannot be against the shooting of cops in real life. Solid argument. Logic is air-tight!

Here's a thought.

If you want Hollywood to quit glorifying guns, pass a law that bans anyone in Hollywood associated with glorifying guns from having guns, OR having armed security or weapons in their house. Same for 'musicians' who encourage violence.

Let them live in fear that they cannot defend themselves in a violent world. Let some of them get shot/killed and see if others back off

And Tonto, if you think violent games have no affect then you need to go back to kindergarten. Get real.

But gays is the perfect example of give an inch-take a mile. I don't care what people do in privacy. But now a baker must bake a gay wedding cake or else. They have decided who's right will trump the other's rights. Companies are forced to pay insurance for abortions. And gays are at the top of the priority list... right next to muslims.

hahaha. So people who shoot cops in video games cannot be against the shooting of cops in real life. Solid argument. Logic is air-tight!

I said no such thing. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of those whose only gun experience is playing video games, where you get rewarded for killing, arguing against guns in real life.

Gay rights is a whole different issue.

While I'm all for equal rights, it's just that...EQUAL.

If a private baker (or any other company) chooses to discriminate, that is THEIR business to do so, and face the market consequences. It's none of the government's business. Heck, folks may not even realize it, but a) Title 7 does NOT apply to sexual orientation and b) even Title 7 doesn't apply to most small businesses, where the owner can do as he or she likes. (15 or more employees, I believe, is the criteria, for example)... What's next, should the government force Chik Fil A to open on Sundays? (though, honestly, it seems the ONLY day I ever want it).....

Now, I'm not saying it's right to discriminate, but that should be the business owner's CHOICE to do so, not the government's, if it doesn't fall under Title 7 or other existing legislation (which is really more for employees vs. clientele).

Last edited:
I think what is toxic is the combination of first person shooter video games and anti-depressants. The drugs may cause someone to act out a video game scenario when they normally would not.

Some school shooters that survived and were on anti-depressants have said it was like an out of body experience, where they were watching themselves do the shooting completely detached from reality.

That's probably due more to the MK Ultra programming.... ;)

Latest posts

Back