Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure to soak in the beauty of the flowers of spring!

1713441861639.jpeg

Not sure where to ask/post this. Anyone have suggestions on good natural sources for dogs with arthritis, in hips/joints? Mothers australian shepherd (Rufus) has joint issues. She pays for annual vet care plan ($800), plus the meds for flea, tick/heartworm monthly, plus other check ups, lab work, shots, etc. (Albeit w discount from having the "plan")..cost for joint supp is another $89.00 per month (counting "savings" from having the annual plan). She'll be 85 this year! Fixed income. I can research it further (have some alt options already), but any suggestions of what is good, and actually effective based on experience with efficacy, would be greatly appreciated! 😊

but any suggestions of what is good, and actually effective based on experience with efficacy, would be greatly appreciated!
Collagen. When you butcher your chickens, keep the rooster and hens combs, boil them and give them to your dogs/cats. Great source of collagen- good for your skin, joints and ligaments.

Not sure where to ask/post this. Anyone have suggestions on good natural sources for dogs with arthritis, in hips/joints? Mothers australian shepherd (Rufus) has joint issues. She pays for annual vet care plan ($800), plus the meds for flea, tick/heartworm monthly, plus other check ups, lab work, shots, etc. (Albeit w discount from having the "plan")..cost for joint supp is another $89.00 per month (counting "savings" from having the annual plan). She'll be 85 this year! Fixed income. I can research it further (have some alt options already), but any suggestions of what is good, and actually effective based on experience with efficacy, would be greatly appreciated! 😊
I will respond with my inexpert advice., I may not be a vet, but I slept with one last night. So a play on holiday inn. she does have 9 letters after her names.
My wife has had me buy fish oil supplements and glucosamine with condroiten. . For our 13 yr old lab.
She made it to 14 and 9 months before we had to make the decision.
Happy camper the day before, but it was the right decision with her actions. Even people in the clinic that knew her said it was time.

We let her eat a bunch of chocolate (higlhly toxic) before. She enjoyed her last couple days and hours.

Read further. .
My advice was correct. Those health plans is a scam.
Checked with the one with 9 letters. The insurance one that is is vet suggested is trupanion.

Last edited:
Thank you EW for the advice! Fish oil, glucosamine w condrointen is what I had in mind. Good to know on right track. I felt the plan is a bunch of bull, but mother just renewed that for the year. They initially suggested 1 med for hips/joints which was ($49 monthly), then called yesterday for the upsell of a "much better" one, saying less harsh on kidney n liver and only have to give 1 pill per day vs 2 x's per day for $89 w discount. Really??? Why not recommend the best one from get go. Anyway, I'm suggesting she cancel the meds for that and I'll stock her up on the supps! Thanks again! 😊

I will respond with my inexpert advice., I may not be a vet, but I slept with one last night. So a play on holiday inn. she does have 9 letters after her names.
My wife has had me buy fish oil supplements and glucosamine with condroiten. . For our 13 yr old lab.
She made it to 14 and 9 months before we had to make the decision.
Happy camper the day before, but it was the right decision with her actions. Even people in the clinic that knew her said it was time.

We let her eat a bunch of chocolate (higlhly toxic) before. She enjoyed her last couple days and hours.

Read further. .
My advice was correct. Those health plans is a scam.
Checked with the one with 9 letters. The insurance one that is is vet suggested is trupanion.
Assuming given daily? I already have the fish oil but marked the other on the shopping list to buy. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back