Buying a place in central AZ right now.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's way too easy to feel accustomed to always having electricity and water all of the time. That's why they built those convenient systems, right?...lol.

When I signed up here, I didn't know some stuff about the site, but I do know more now. I updated my weapon and prep responses to reflect my perception, and I would also say that if you own more than one firearm, how the hell can you pick a favorite? There's carry, competition, distance, back up, etc. Honestly, if my Shield knew I typed in Glock, it's feelers would get hurt. I like and respect all of them equally.... and especially the creativity of my Mind and what I'm capable of conceiving and accomplishing.

Prepping for?

Man, there are many reasons to be prepared for the world to go to hell in a handbasket, how does one honestly pick a singular reason why you want to survive? International level devastation seems unlikely for the most part, but who the hell knows. The next brutal police killing "victim" rally might be in your town or neighborhood as well. Food shortage from a trucker or dock strike, Nature and it's tendencies to rip the shit out of whatever life you used to know....perceived or real gasoline shortages, all the other scenarios you can imagine, can also become very real tomorrow. Personally, I think financial collapse will be what sends this bankrupt nation into chaos.
Lol, my shield has sensitive feeling too! I look at guns as nothing more than a tool, and there are ones designed for different jobs. My favorite is the one that works best for the needed job. If I was forced to pick just one, damned tough choice, but probably the 22cal AR. High capacity, amazingly accurate, economical and just fun to shoot! Who needs knockdown power when you can something 7 times for less than a dollar....
As far as likely things to be prepping for, definitely an economic breakdown in my opinion as well. The govt can only print money for so long..... I’ve often wondered how long the average cop would stay on the job in a financial breakdown, which brings this back around to the question of which is your favorite firearm.

The law enforcement aspect is actually one I hadn't committed much thought to, though I have tremendous respect for them and the jobs that they perform, there certainly is a variable there whether they choose to continue commitment to community, or to start fending for themselves.

They're people too, and something to add into the equation. Odd, my employment is in the EMS related world, and I hadn't considered that. Tomorrow, I'll ask a few people I trust to offer an opinion regarding this question.

The law enforcement aspect is actually one I hadn't committed much thought to, though I have tremendous respect for them and the jobs that they perform, there certainly is a variable there whether they choose to continue commitment to community, or to start fending for themselves.

They're people too, and something to add into the equation. Odd, my employment is in the EMS related world, and I hadn't considered that. Tomorrow, I'll ask a few people I trust to offer an opinion regarding this question.
I’d be interested to hear what a few law enforcement personnel would say honestly.

We've been too busy lately for me to ask the folks I want to ask, but I will when I get the chance to. I'd imagine there's probably going to be a pretty big difference between urban and rural though.

On the upside, I'll be taking a CPR class and a separate blood loss control class in the next few weeks, so that's cool. Depends on if "I" want to save you though...lol.....JK.

:)

Howdy.welcome to the forum and family.feel free to roam the boards and topics. Post replys and start a new topic/thread when needed.

Latest posts

Back