Are liberal snowflakes bad where you are?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of my neighbors own large ranches and are miles away from my ranch. Everyone around here are quite conservative, same demographic, and mind their own business. But in time of need they will come together, such as roundup and branding time, or to help someone truly in need. I don't have much use for any urban type from the cities. Most urbans (especially from California) are a waste of skin. Except for more medical training I have all the skills I need to survive any potential disaster, short of nuclear. And I don't care about rebuilding civilization, just my place. By the end of summer I'll have 95% of all my main buildings completed.

I have hired high schoolers/seasonal collage folks and folks looking for work, they never lasted long! They seem to think the work is ran democratically. At my age I don't have time to make friends with newcomers nor figure out there habits and needs nor am I interested in some form of social experment. Trust is paramount and takes too much time to garner, we are setup pretty good thus why ruin what is already been successful by bringing in someone new into the fold. A good part of folks including many so-called Conservative in these parts are infected with the snowflake syndrome.

I have hired high schoolers/seasonal collage folks and folks looking for work, they never lasted long! They seem to think the work is ran democratically. At my age I don't have time to make friends with newcomers nor figure out there habits and needs nor am I interested in some form of social experment. Trust is paramount and takes too much time to garner, we are setup pretty good thus why ruin what is already been successful by bringing in someone new into the fold. A good part of folks including many so-called Conservative in these parts are infected with the snowflake syndrome.
At work? I can understand that mentality. Im not there to make friends. Im there to make money.

But my experience with hiring and firing,,, has largely been the opposite of yours. Though few young kids have the requisite skills to work here.

Maybe its a different demographic here or something.

I have a good number of friends,we help each other when needed and hang out at times but if the SHTF,I doubt I could count on any of them, everyone is going to be to busy worrying about their needs,thus even thou we are/were friends they may become enemy's ,it is a cold hard fact ,,,,,in times of real trouble the only one you can really trust is yourself

At work? I can understand that mentality. Im not there to make friends. Im there to make money.

But my experience with hiring and firing,,, has largely been the opposite of yours. Though few young kids have the requisite skills to work here.

Maybe its a different demographic here or something.

I really don't have any young friends all are my age and older, all the friends my age don't live near me and the ones that are older are not in any condition to offer any help and the experience I have had with local worker and the mentality of most local peepers I don't want to connect with.

I really don't have any young friends all are my age and older, all the friends my age don't live near me and the ones that are older are not in any condition to offer any help and the experience I have had with local worker and the mentality of most local peepers I don't want to connect with.

I have a couple friends that are nearly half my age. And I am closer to them and trust them than my own brother. And I have acquaintances that I wouldnt trust to pick up my drycleaning.

My friends have proven beyond any doubt that they will be there for me. And I for them.

I guess it juat depends on how you pick your friends.

At work? I have no friends. Not even my lead supervisor who was the first employee I hired when I started this company. A man Ive litterally known my entire life. Outside of work? He might as well be my brother.

Younger folks in my shop? Like I said. Most younger folks lack the skills needed to work here. And if any applied that didnt meet my requirements then their applications got put into the round file before I ever saw them.

i have a few friends who I have known for nearly 40 years, who I would trust to watch my back and my theirs, and have done so. but they all live in a city and have city attitudes, they are not preppers and I doubt they would ever think of leaving even in a serious event. so I plan for just me and the missus.

I help out on my buddy's farm some evenings and his daughter is dating what I would call a snowflake. One day I saw him and he had on a t-shirt saying he was a feminist. The guy can't weigh more than 120 pounds and looks like he'd cry if his pet goldfish died.

Something must be wrong with our school system these days.

everything is going so damned p.c., there was a report on the news this morning that they are going to ban any word with the name man in it, manmade, mankind etc etc and make them all gender neutral, I mean what is the world coming to?

Last edited:
everything is going so damned p.c., there was a report on the news this morning that they are going to ban any word with the name man in it, manmade, mankind etc etc and make them all gender neutral, I mean what is the world coming to?

Do these morons not understand that 1984 was a cautionary tale, not a road map for the future?

'Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of
thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,
because there will be no words in which to express it.'
'

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back