Appliance reply ripoffs

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I surely do miss the good ole days when all you had to do was walk into Sears and buy and Kenmore and then not worry about it. I have no idea where to buy appliances now. Our Kenmore freezer from the 1980s outlasted Sears...and it's still going strong...

I hope you get compensated. Please tell me the brand of the appliances? I would like to stay clear of them.

Samsung. The repair people said...."They make really good electronics, but they make a lousy refrigerator/freezer".

Robin,

Isn't pro se the same as small claims? No need for legal representation, this case is far too small to justify hiring a lawyer. $1000 for the fridge, Maybe $1000 in damages. Clearly small claims.

Now of course you won't need a lawyer, but they very well may need a lawyer (unless they send their local manager?). And he'll waste (and you too, but his time is on the clock) a full day getting to court & waiting. They know that even if they win the case, they'll lose. At that point they'll want to settle and it will be your choice of accepting an offer. But until the case is filed, everybody threatens to file and they ignore threats. Getting served completely changes the game for them. I'm just saying skip the frustration (which only affects you) and file. Best $50 (or whatever it costs to file by you) you'll ever spend.

Robin,

Isn't pro se the same as small claims? No need for legal representation, this case is far too small to justify hiring a lawyer. $1000 for the fridge, Maybe $1000 in damages. Clearly small claims.

Now of course you won't need a lawyer, but they very well may need a lawyer (unless they send their local manager?). And he'll waste (and you too, but his time is on the clock) a full day getting to court & waiting. They know that even if they win the case, they'll lose. At that point they'll want to settle and it will be your choice of accepting an offer. But until the case is filed, everybody threatens to file and they ignore threats. Getting served completely changes the game for them. I'm just saying skip the frustration (which only affects you) and file. Best $50 (or whatever it costs to file by you) you'll ever spend.

I'm sure they have attorneys everywhere and would send one just to try to intimidate.

18 months ago, I bought all new kitchen appliances. I have had the refrigerator/freezer repaired 6 times. 3 under warranty and 3 on extended warranty.

I finally said I just want a new one. It's a lemon. The warranty company said if was the manufacturer and the manufacturer said it was warranty company.

Finally today, I put my years of experience as the Legal Director for a time share company (yep scum of the earth liars) and a paralegal to use.

I was super nice, but let them know I would not back down. I called them on all of the usual bluffs and....... I am getting a new refrigerator. Yay. I really don't want the same brand, but want it to match.

This has nothing to do with prepping, but maybe it's kind of a barter situation.
For folks that don't have the balls to do this, you can barter your abilities in this department.:cool:

UPDATE UPDATE

So I get a call last Sunday about delivery. I called on Wednesday and after speaking with 2 reps, 2 supervisor and a manager, I am NOT getting a replacement unit and the supervisor that approved mine is being reprimanded.

I'm still not finished though. I'll just pester them some more on a rainy day when I am bored.

It's a really long story, but they basically just lied to me and they admit it.
Document, document, document.

I see where my husband saw the tweet from Samsung and replied "Hey Samsung knuckleheads, get out and stay out of the refrigerator business".

I guessing he had a few drinks at the concert last night. What an idiot.

I see where my husband saw the tweet from Samsung and replied "Hey Samsung knuckleheads, get out and stay out of the refrigerator business".

I guessing he had a few drinks at the concert last night. What an idiot.
Kinda funny though, probably won't help your case.

Back