A haunting portrait of Detroit

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty similar to some former steel mill/factory towns near where I grew up, just on a larger scale.

The rust belt reached Detroit years ago, add in some poor City Governance, and a nationwide recession, and yeah. It looks like that.

I grew up in the south where oil was booming. Dad worked for one of the refineries, but not as a Union worker. I get the why and what they want to accomplish, but when its do this or nothing, what is that really accomplishing, especially when you have a family to support. Workers can be replaced and companies like an auto builder can relocate. There are lots of old historic homes there in Detroit just wasting away. Hunny and I looked at an old home in a big city that was similar back in the day when we were shopping, but there was no way in hell, at least for me. It was an old Craftsman from the 1920s most of it original. Beautiful home but needed lots of Reno work. Yes I would have loved it, if it was anywhere other than in that city limits. Just way too much crime and the foot traffic was unbelievable, especially in the evening and nights. Just hope s someone takes the time to rescue some of those old features out of those homes before they can't be rescued to repurpose.

It wasn't that long ago Detroit was paying folks to move their and buy a home and fix it up, last I read the houses were really cheap, too many people were moving out and the city needed to replace the taxes lost, but who in there right mind would buy a home pay taxes just to have half of the collected taxes go to the union pension plan the city agreed to. You'll be paying all those taxes and get nothing in return.

The way I see it Detroit deserves what it gets. It is a shame because of the beautiful architecture, no one to blame but the dems!

It wasn't that long ago Detroit was paying folks to move their and buy a home and fix it up, last I read the houses were really cheap, too many people were moving out and the city needed to replace the taxes lost, but who in there right mind would buy a home pay taxes just to have half of the collected taxes go to the union pension plan the city agreed to. You'll be paying all those taxes and get nothing in return.

The way I see it Detroit deserves what it gets. It is a shame because of the beautiful architecture, no one to blame but the dems!
Give them enough time and the Dems will turn the whole country in to Detroit.

Latest posts

Back