Winter 2019/2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, either do like the Indians did and leach them in water for several days and change the water daily. OR boil them 3 times and change the water each time. Dry, roast to brown/dark, grind and use like normal coffee. Exact the same way with dandelion roots, wash, cut, dry, grind, roast and coffee...GP

I will take a big ole glass of sweet tea over coffee anytime,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GG I also drink my tea unsweetened. Yea I'm from the South and don't drink sweet tea.. My mom uses enough sugar for both of us.
Good morning robinjopo, stay away from coffee if you can, you're not missing much. IF you ever decide to try it,(do something every day that scares you), think of a strong black tea, a little more bitter and please use milk and sugar. It tastes so bad without, I can't stand it. We only use about 4 lbs. a month and I would not really miss it if SHTF.You will not get fat from pumpkin pie, pecan is another story tho. GP

I drink unsweetened tea sometimes, but it is very diluted. I do drink a cleansing drink in the winter.... herbal tea, honey, turmeric, ginger, black pepper, Cayenne pepper.

Yesterday evening and throughout night we have had some very hard rain. I took in my rain gauge, but I'm guessing at least 2 inches. We had wind advisories and the low last night was only 57. That's when you have a chance for tornadoes..

I love my coffee. Weak enough that my family calls it muddy water.... that being said, caffeine is a highly addictive drug. If you don’t need it, don’t start it and you’re better off. My grandfather was a chemist/research scientist. He was studying the ill effects of smoking when everyone was still saying it was good for you. I guess it never occurred to him that the 6 pots of coffee every day was going to kill him.,... I say stay off of any addictive products if you can, you will be healthier for it.
As far as unsweetened tea Robin, I put a small splash of sweet in mine and am good. Full sweet just makes me thirstier.

I love my coffee. Weak enough that my family calls it muddy water.... that being said, caffeine is a highly addictive drug. If you don’t need it, don’t start it and you’re better off. My grandfather was a chemist/research scientist. He was studying the ill effects of smoking when everyone was still saying it was good for you. I guess it never occurred to him that the 6 pots of coffee every day was going to kill him.,... I say stay off of any addictive products if you can, you will be healthier for it.
As far as unsweetened tea Robin, I put a small splash of sweet in mine and am good. Full sweet just makes me thirstier.

You are correct. Only the unsweetened quenched my thirst.

I guess that's why I'm a huge water drinker.

I don't like tea or coffee. But we did get a foot of snow last night and it it's still snowing. I was hoping that winter would hold off for a couple more days. I still need to put chains on the tractor. I hurt my right arm so I only have about 20% use out of it. The front chains will be fairly easy but the rear chains weigh about 200-300 pounds each. Haven't figured out how to get them on with one arm. It's supposed to quit snowing by tomorrow so maybe I'll get caught up.

I don't like tea or coffee. But we did get a foot of snow last night and it it's still snowing. I was hoping that winter would hold off for a couple more days. I still need to put chains on the tractor. I hurt my right arm so I only have about 20% use out of it. The front chains will be fairly easy but the rear chains weigh about 200-300 pounds each. Haven't figured out how to get them on with one arm. It's supposed to quit snowing by tomorrow so maybe I'll get caught up.

Sorry to hear AD. Guess that would be the only good part to having neighbors.

Haven't figured out how to get them on with one arm.
Hey AD, lay the chains out straight on the ground with the right distance between them for the tires. Run a piece of wire through the rim long enough to hook into the end links of both sides of the chains. As you drive forward slowly, the chains will be pulled up and over, then down and under the tires, have the wife tell you when to stop. Hook the ends up and tighten them. Used to do that with 4 chains on a Powerwagon, all at once.

Back