What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We haven’t reached ours either, but I bet on it not getting too cold to kill them before I transplanted some stuff from the greenhouse and planted seeds in the garden. I’m zone 7a. I have row covers for just in case.

My oldest daughter told me she actually saw someone in her area selling tiny little tomato sprouts for $5 each! And they were selling!
I could cut all the suckers off my tomato plants and make like 50 bucks.

In San Diego County most of the beaches are closed. However, some citizens have ignored the warnings and gone down to the ocean. Now the Sheriffs Department is citing people for ‘watching the sunset’! That’s a direct quote from a Sheriff spokesman!

Our local lake is booming with traffic.

Governor Kemp ordered Georgia beaches to reopen the day after the Shelter-in-place order!
I kid you not!!!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/g...ernors-executive-order/ar-BB12afy4?li=BBnb7Kz
Georgia beaches reopen after governor's executive order
Some Georgia beaches will reopen this weekend following an executive order issued by Gov. Brian Kemp (R) that overrode local shelter-in-place mandates from a number of cities.

I was out with my Enduro to the Lake today.
Some Windsurfers on the Water and some People on the Beach but empty like never before.
But the Forest was full with People.
In Germany the Forests change into the City's at the Moment because it's allowed to go outside walking but not to hang around with more than one Person.
So they go into the Woods where no Police is. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20200405_155747.jpg
    20200405_155747.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 9
I can't imagine "closing" beaches, lakes and rivers. Pure government idiocy and excessive heavy handedness. I hear their closing national parks too.

Not just the larger parks...we have a small nature/game preserve in our neck of the woods. Maybe a few hundred acres, no more. I take my dogs out there and we usually don’t see a soul around. Closed now for the duration of this shit.

I can't imagine "closing" beaches, lakes and rivers. Pure government idiocy and excessive heavy handedness. I hear their closing national parks too!
Have the idiots in charge started closing spring turkey and spring bear hunting yet? Haven't heard anything yet.

Fishing is closed in Washington but hunting is still open.

Definitely should have been a requirement weeks ago.
People didn't really take it seriously until more recently. We didn't even have our first case in this county until 2 1/2 weeks ago and then the first several were all travel related. It wasn't until this last week that community spread really became an issue. Of course, if people had been taking it seriously, we could have avoided getting to that point.

People didn't really take it seriously until more recently. We didn't even have our first case in this county until 2 1/2 weeks ago and then the first several were all travel related. It wasn't until this last week that community spread really became an issue. Of course, if people had been taking it seriously, we could have avoided getting to that point.
Both the governments response and the average people’s has been way under what it should have been. I understand this is a new virus, but many scientists have been telling of the dangers of this for decades. With so many people on the planet and travel being so easy it should have been common sense to be more prepared.

Latest posts

Back