What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jambalaya, butter beans and rice, potato salad, chicken n andouille gumbo, ham and Turkey finger sandwiches, spinach and artichoke dip, mixed fruit and a yogurt sauce, cheese and salami platter, pecan pie, turtle cheesecake, pralines.

This is for our holiday party. All faiths

Last edited:
Two pieces of dry toast with a slice of cheese between them. I’m still sick and that’s all I had the enthusiasm to make tonight.

right up till that lamb kidney thing....

I was on a roll? What's wrong with the lamb kidneys? They were a Christmas present from the local Shepard. He has 35 sheep and needed to trim the flock down for the new year. Good meat from a good source, do you know where your meat comes from and how healthy it is? Jealous or just not your taste Brent? GP

I was on a roll? What's wrong with the lamb kidneys? They were a Christmas present from the local Shepard. He has 35 sheep and needed to trim the flock down for the new year. Good meat from a good source, do you know where your meat comes from and how healthy it is? Jealous or just not your taste Brent? GP
I’m pretty adventurous with food but am not crazy about organs. I do like fried chicken livers occasionally though so it’s definitely a matter of ones tastes. I have read enough to think that it’s probably not the healthiest option if eaten in large quantities. Most filtering organs are higher in toxins than the animals meat. All good things in moderation. As far as locally produced meat, I know that’s healthier than the mass produced crap they feed the population.

We ate the last of the Christmas dinner leftovers last night. Bone in Boston but pork roast, oyster dressing, seafood gumbo, broccoli casserole, shrimp and grits casserole for the first time, was unbelievable. Green bean and artichoke casserole, sweet potato crunch casserole, homemade macaroni and cheese, shrimp and mirlinton dressing,

My wife made chocolate covered peanut butter balls, coconut balls, oreo balls and a heavenly hash cake.

All the food was perfect and I enjoyed immensely, but I'm glad its finally gone, dont want to get spoiled.

Got the urge for some fresh bread tonight. Pulled out the bread maker and threw in the ingredients for a wheat oat honey mixture with walnuts in it. Anyways, after the bread machine timer went off I checked it and it had never even gotten warm. Damn. So I loaded the dough into a glass pan and threw it into the oven To cook the old fashioned way. I’ve never been much of a baker but it turned out perfect. There’s not much better than a piece of fresh hot buttered bread. I guess it’s time for a new bread machine But I like the idea of learning to make it the old way too.

nothing wrong with organs, we have liver and onions sometimes, lovely meal.
we get all our meat locally so we know it hasn't travelled far.
True story here. In boot camp they work you so much that you are always tired and hungry. One night we got back late and the mess hall had allready closed. The cook was decent enough to set us up something to eat and brought out trays of beef liver and onions. I managed to swallow three mouth fulls or so but gagged the whole time... it was slimy and pungent. So much so that almost 40 years later I still remember it vividly. I really did give it a good try though...

Latest posts

Back