What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still working on leftover turkey here. Had egg noodles with gravy and a huge drummett tonight. Debating on turkey salad or soup next. Maybe both! I'll cook a ham next, And stretch that out for another week. It's nice to have stuff in the fridge when you're working long hours.

Muffaletta's (ham, genoa salami, mortadella, italian olive salad, mozzarella, provalone, on a italian sesamee seed muffaletta bread)
I love muffalettas. Whenever I go to New Orleans, I try to go by Central Grocery, where they were invented, and get one there. When my son (who also loves them) lived here we would split a whole muffaletta at either McAlister's Deli, or Jason's Deli, which are the only two places here that had them.

McAlister's dropped them from the menu last year. :(

I love muffalettas. Whenever I go to New Orleans, I try to go by Central Grocery, where they were invented, and get one there. When my son (who also loves them) lived here we would split a whole muffaletta at either McAlister's Deli, or Jason's Deli, which are the only two places here that had them.

McAlister's dropped them from the menu last year. :(

You can make your own Doc, thats what we do. There should be a grocery in your area that sells the olive salad, if you dont make your own. I like toasting them in the oven, some like them cold.

Where do you get the muffaletta bread? It's hard to find anywhere outside of New Orleans, and impossible to find here. I can probably whip up the olive salad myself, but the closest thing to muffaletta bread around here would be ciabatta. Atlanta Bread or Panera Bread might have something like it, I'll have to check.

Where do you get the muffaletta bread? It's hard to find anywhere outside of New Orleans, and impossible to find here. I can probably whip up the olive salad myself, but the closest thing to muffaletta bread around here would be ciabatta. Atlanta Bread or Panera Bread might have something like it, I'll have to check.
Any sesamee italian bread would work. I have even tried it on a sesame french bread and it was good. Boscoli olive salad you can get at Walmart. Most international bakeries can make the bread. Look for a local italian bakery, they would have the ingrediants for it.

He obliviously doesn't know Georgia. Now if you're looking for boiled peanuts or fried chicken places then your in business! :)

LOL...Or greasy fried catfish and burnt-to-a-crisp BBQ. This part of the state is what I call a "culinary wasteland."

But we do have the three P's in abundance: Peanuts, Peaches and Pecans. LOL

We are having chili! It is nice and cold outside (for the first time ...maybe like 40 degrees). I can't wait! It already smells good.
Chili, soups and stews were made to warm the soul on cold days! I'm still finishing off a pot of turkey noodle soup here. Tomorrow's high will be in the low 50's so I might make chili or beef stew, it's still a toss up. Oops, forgot, it's Olive Garden for my daughter in laws 25th birthday. I told her anywhere she wanted and that's what she came up with. That will work until Monday anyways.

We are having chili! It is nice and cold outside (for the first time ...maybe like 40 degrees). I can't wait! It already smells good.
I love a good pot of chili on a cold day. It's supposed to start snowing again on Thursday. Maybe I'll make up a good batch of hot and spicy chili and put it in the wood stove to simmer.

Latest posts

Back