What are you working on RIGHT now?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like the scrapbook idea for maps remedies n all.that way,if you need a reminder on some thing.you know where to get the reminder.i been puting things onto cd's.but i do need to start printing things out.that way i'll have the print outs if/when needed.learning new hobby and skills is great.

the only thing I am doing now is losing weight and hunting down ideas for a new hobby/crafting skill... I have candle making, basket weaving, writing how to's and remedies info in binders sort of like prepping scrapbooks, like maps with routs and alternative routs to bug out locations, how to remedies of essential oils, and how to crafts like sewing clothing, these are my ideas so far I havent done it yet. and yes I am an expert at run about sentences.
My Choctaw grandmother was forever applying poultice's to us kids . Can't argue with wounds that healed . Unfortunately most of the old remedies were lost as the old timers passed on. Even Mecurochrome / Merthiolate/ Drawing salves and the like ,that were used in the 1970's have been banned . Some say those type medicines really didn't work at all...........................But the wounds healed. I believe in the power of essentials oils etc., maybe mind over matter. Peppermint cures a lot of nausea and has for a VERY long time. We should have kept a scrapbook.

Peppermint cures a lot of nausea and has for a VERY long time.

that tid bit about peppermint is good to know I suffer alot with nausea in stead of pain from by GERD I get sick same thing when I had gull stones my symptoms were nausea and throwing up... I will have to buy me some peppermint oil and google how to use it.. someone out there must know... maybe a tea would work with mint leaves.

i like the scrapbook idea for maps remedies n all.that way,if you need a reminder on some thing.you know where to get the reminder.i been puting things onto cd's.but i do need to start printing things out.that way i'll have the print outs if/when needed.learning new hobby and skills is great.
Yeah, I'm trying to get written stuff in case the lights go out. I have to admit, I'm really liking the internet, you can learn about anything, 24hrs a day. It would be a shame if we ever loose it, but just in case I want some reference material in print.

yeah..i need to get busyer at getting things downloaded onto cd.that way it'll go easyer for me when it comes to printing

I tried to print some stuff about fishbiotics a couple days ago, (I think it came from dr henley's post) and i ended up wasting about ten pages of ads and other useless crap. I really need to get better at this computer stuff!
yeah..i need to get busyer at getting things downloaded onto cd.that way it'll go easyer for me when it comes to printing[/quo

that tid bit about peppermint is good to know I suffer alot with nausea in stead of pain from by GERD I get sick same thing when I had gull stones my symptoms were nausea and throwing up... I will have to buy me some peppermint oil and google how to use it.. someone out there must know... maybe a tea would work with mint leaves.
A piece of peppermint candy ( will do in a pinch )................ The candy cane was / is a secret symbol of Christianity ............ Merry Christmas , 12/ 25/ 2013

Last edited:
i like the idea of scrap books. my job involves the computer a lot and we depend on the printer. recently I've tried to do some writing on notebooks but found that my handwriting has gone to the dumps! Definitely good to track down old remedies and things of interest and write them down.

just got some canned foods and dryed foods right along with other foods from one of my brothers and his wife as a cristmas present.in which i can add to my food stocks.pluse they also gave me 2 cases of 1 quart canning jars..so im already thinking along the lines of canning some dry foods to see how that goes for me..also got a oven mit n hot pad from my mom.and with them is what looks like 2 hand towles and 4 rages.im thinking maybe they'll be good for drying towles for canning stuff

How much impact from the storm are you dealing with? Hope you and yours the best.
Hi Brent, we are very safe from the storm. It happened a few hundred miles away although on the exit, it missed us by about 4 to 5 miles (the edge of the storm).

thanks for the check. We are expecting even worse weather in 2014

Hi Brent, we are very safe from the storm. It happened a few hundred miles away although on the exit, it missed us by about 4 to 5 miles (the edge of the storm).

thanks for the check. We are expecting even worse weather in 2014
without a doubt it seems the weather is changing, and storms getting bigger. I dont really know if they are bigger, or if we have more reporting/record keeping now, but its common sense to prep either way. am glad to hear youre ok anyways. my wife spent a couple years over there and has told me wonderful stories about the place. i believe where she was is under volcanic ash now. luckily the plants grow back within a few years of storms like this last one.

without a doubt it seems the weather is changing, and storms getting bigger. I dont really know if they are bigger, or if we have more reporting/record keeping now, but its common sense to prep either way. am glad to hear youre ok anyways. my wife spent a couple years over there and has told me wonderful stories about the place. i believe where she was is under volcanic ash now. luckily the plants grow back within a few years of storms like this last one.

She must have been staying near the US base in Pampanga.

Plants will grow but for these to be productive, will take years.

I did a little research on the period of Yolanda's wrath and noticed that there was a lot of solar activity on Nov 7-8 hitting as high as a X1.1. Am suspecting that this could have aggravated the storm intensely.

On the topic: Bought some stackable containers and began transferring some food stuffs into these.

I tried to print some stuff about fishbiotics a couple days ago, (I think it came from dr henley's post) and i ended up wasting about ten pages of ads and other useless crap. I really need to get better at this computer stuff!

in cases like that.i'll copy what i want to print up.then paste it to word pad..then and only then print it.that way i only print what im wanting to print..

The last act of 2013 is I am redoing the hygiene portion for the Bug Out/Get Home Bags.
I have found an inexpensive way to do this is with hotel products. Next time you check in call the front desk ask for extra, before long you will have a nice collection.

yup. My emergency shavers are mainly single blade razors from hotels. Also the BOB soap packets are also from hotels. They have awesome sewing kits which you can put into an Altoids Tin survival kit too!

For the first quarter of 2014, we are going to go through my food stocks to orient ourselves with having to live off our supplies.

mom n me went to town yesterday on acount she had a beauty shop appt...we did a lil bit of running around afterwards.i got a Ball utensil set for preserving.it has jar lifter,bubble remover,head space tool,magnetic lid lifter and jar funnel..and a measuring cup & spoon set.and a Ball blue book guide to preserving.all them for when canning time starts for me.

With tax return just around the corner, we have been trying to figure out, what is our next "big" buy will it be...4-wheelers (2) ? ...solar power generator? ....older truck? home base CB? ..or continue on with supply build up? There is so much that comes to mind!! Hard to say what to do because it all depends on what I am hearing and seeing that is going on!?!?!?! I told my husband that maybe we should draw straws because we really have to have them all at some point. He said, " That"s true! That is to say that we have the time get what we need before SHTF." I feel like that guy that has to cut the right wire or it will go BOOM!!

i been thinking along the lines of buying the canning supplys i still need when i get my return..
I hear you there> Every year we have extra money pain in to your taxes so that each year we have a "Fair" return. With that each year (now it will be our third year) we plan on $800 for stock up a little of this that and the other then we set out $2500 for a larger item or if we are lucky two larger items. (Not the size per say but the coast of the item) Now I know that $2500 is not a lot for some of the items but used of repairable will do just as well!

Back