The wealthy are fleeing California....surprise, surprise!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

God Like
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/media/charles-payne-california-tax-increase-residents-leaving

Excerpt: "California's tax plan is "so egregious" that residents of every socioeconomic background are leaving the state, host of Fox Business Network's Charles Payne said Wednesday.

California Democrats have raised taxes on high-income families again and again. While the left claims the measure doesn't impact taxpayer migration or hurt state tax revenue, a new study conducted at Stanford University finds the opposite.

The report reveals a 2012 income tax increase drove away many high earners. As a result, the state only netted about half the revenue gains it expected. The increase in 2012 jumped from 10.3 percent to 13.3 percent and the measured departure rate for high-income earners rose from 1.5 percent to 2.125 percent."

Being a millionaire in CA doesn't mean much. I remember visiting a friend back in the 80's who had a $1,000,000 home in Tokyo, Japan. His house was maybe 1/2 the size of my shed (1200 sq ft?) and on maybe 1/6th acre of land. I think other States should tax those exiting liberal hellholes at a sliding scale, and not allow them to vote for local elections for a 10 year "retraining" period. I'm serious.

Latest posts

Back