The elderly

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea, some of it is nerve pain. They tried a med just for that but it didnt help.

Today was like a miracle. She fried chicken legs and you know how long and tedious it is to fry chicken.

When I fot home from son's Best Buddies meeting, she had washes dishes by hand and cleaned kitchen. I don't care if it's a placebo effect to the pain pills, if ahe feels better.

I understand nerve pain. I have neuropathy in my foot and every night I have to use ice and a heating pad. U rotate them from back to foot.

Mom wanted to take her dog when I was going to pick up son. I told her it wasn't good because in this heat if I have car trouble I would have her and her dog to worry about.

Well, after I picked up son a young boy hit me in rear and slammed me into a pickup in front . my car is probably totalled.

My son doesn't like stress so he was upset, husband had a game to call and had his phone off. Thank God my daughter picked them up and then was able to bring us home. My car is not driveable. Did she say anything about me being right about taking her dog for a ride? NOPE

MAYBE SHE HAS LEARNED HER LESSON.

I don't know how in the world grannys "s hair dresser finds all that extra hair to cover up grannys bald spot. A couple years ago she had a spot of skin cancer on top burnt off and made a horrible scab. Wounds on granny are very slow to heal. Grannys hair dresser was flooded in with the storm so it was up to me to style yesterday.

I soaked her down and picked her scab off. Normally all I have to do is that and wash before her appointment. It has gotten much smaller since I have been doing this. Let her eat her breakfast while I went out to feed. Once her hair was air dried I pulled out her small curling iron to roll it all then tried to do what I have seen her hair dresser do which is tease it up and then tweak a little and spray. It wasn't too bad at the beginning of the day but of course she wanted to see it last night. She says oh, that's horrible! What are you going to do about it? I told her nothing tonight. I'll redo it tomorrow. . . .
I told hunny about what his mom said about her hair. Then told him I was not a hair dresser. . . I spend like 2 minutes on my hair and that is being generous. He says yeah, we see your hair everyday and walks in the house . . . Then tells his mom she hurt my feelings. It was my hunny that had hurt my feelings but now I had to deal with granny crying. . . Saying she is good for nothing and so ungrateful. . I should have kept my mouth shut.

Mom wanted to take her dog when I was going to pick up son. I told her it wasn't good because in this heat if I have car trouble I would have her and her dog to worry about.

Well, after I picked up son a young boy hit me in rear and slammed me into a pickup in front . my car is probably totalled.

My son doesn't like stress so he was upset, husband had a game to call and had his phone off. Thank God my daughter picked them up and then was able to bring us home. My car is not driveable. Did she say anything about me being right about taking her dog for a ride? NOPE

MAYBE SHE HAS LEARNED HER LESSON.
Sorry about your car Robin. I am guessing everyone is alright?

Sorry about your car Robin. I am guessing everyone is alright?

We are okay. Mom says her neck hurts. She has surgery in it 15 or so years ago.
My back was really hurtung last night and my leg "collapsed" and started twitching. It Could be because of the sitting for so long. I have chronic pain, but this was different. We will be okay.

We got a double whammy because we were hit in the rear then hit a truck in front. Of well, it could have been worse.

I am so lucky. My daughter had a housewarming today and my mother in law came. She had no idea who I was.

She kept asking my mom what my daughter's name is and if she is dating anyone. It is so sad to see.

I will count my blessings and try not to bitch when my mom uses my good broom to clean the back porch that has chicken poop on it. :)

Thurs when home health was out, Grannys O2 level fluctuated between 82-90. Sat morning when they came back out it was between 58-68. . . Dangerously low. She was transported straight to the hospital where she was put immediately on oxygen. Many test run. She has some heart failure, fluid on the lungs and possibly around the heart. Yesterday morning when I got her up she was dizzy when sitting up, which is not unusual for her periodically. I took her in the bathroom for potty and shower, but she seemed more out of breath just standing, turning around and sitting down on the toilet I skipped the shower and took her for coffee and breakfast. She only ate about half of the two waffles given, which normally eat all because of her sweet tooth, and none of the sausage. She said she was nausiated. She was still speaking as clearly as she normally does. A little after that was her visit from home health.

at the hospital, she was also low in potsium, which she does take a supplement everyday, so not sure how that could happen and we eat a lot of potatoes. There was a time that she had fallen asleep, also not unusual, but she was hard to arouse. That was. We came home last night but are going back to the hospital this morning. We were able to see a doctor twice yesterday, one almost at arrival and a different one who told us what was going on and being admitted. Today I have several questions that I didn't think about asking yesterday.

Hunny called his brother to let him know. He was about to get on a plane in FL to come back to TX. He spent a week at Disney World. I don't know if he plans on driving in now that he is back home. He didn't say. The boys know and are driving in today to visit Granny at the hospital. I am scheduled for inventory tonight, but I called and talked to my boss last night to let her know what is going on. If Granny is stable, I'll go, if not, I will stay at the hospital.

Thurs when home health was out, Grannys O2 level fluctuated between 82-90. Sat morning when they came back out it was between 58-68. . . Dangerously low. She was transported straight to the hospital where she was put immediately on oxygen. Many test run. She has some heart failure, fluid on the lungs and possibly around the heart. Yesterday morning when I got her up she was dizzy when sitting up, which is not unusual for her periodically. I took her in the bathroom for potty and shower, but she seemed more out of breath just standing, turning around and sitting down on the toilet I skipped the shower and took her for coffee and breakfast. She only ate about half of the two waffles given, which normally eat all because of her sweet tooth, and none of the sausage. She said she was nausiated. She was still speaking as clearly as she normally does. A little after that was her visit from home health.

at the hospital, she was also low in potsium, which she does take a supplement everyday, so not sure how that could happen and we eat a lot of potatoes. There was a time that she had fallen asleep, also not unusual, but she was hard to arouse. That was. We came home last night but are going back to the hospital this morning. We were able to see a doctor twice yesterday, one almost at arrival and a different one who told us what was going on and being admitted. Today I have several questions that I didn't think about asking yesterday.

Hunny called his brother to let him know. He was about to get on a plane in FL to come back to TX. He spent a week at Disney World. I don't know if he plans on driving in now that he is back home. He didn't say. The boys know and are driving in today to visit Granny at the hospital. I am scheduled for inventory tonight, but I called and talked to my boss last night to let her know what is going on. If Granny is stable, I'll go, if not, I will stay at the hospital.

Sorry to hear this. That is a huge drop in oxygen stats. Hopefully it isn't fluid around heart. Hope you get your answers. Write down your questions, so you don't forget them.

Sorry to hear this. That is a huge drop in oxygen stats. Hopefully it isn't fluid around heart. Hope you get your answers. Write down your questions, so you don't forget them.
It's not around but in the arterys. She is do I g much better today.

As a change of pace, I have a funny story.

ON Sundays, i cook an early dinner because I have to shave my son and do his "manicures" etc.

I was in the kitchen, and here comes mom going to give her dog a bath in the kitchen sink. I just looked at her and said She would have to wait.

That is so gross, I couldn't believe. After i cooked, I went outside and when I came back, she had cleaned everything so that the sink was empty to wash her rat dog.

We thought Granny was coming home tonight. One doctor gave her the clear. . . The other wdidn't which we found out late tonight. Very disappointing. . . He wants another blood oxygen level test run in the morning. She will have a tank to come home with and had already had the guy scheduled to meet us e the house which had to be cancelled. Even her nurse thought it sounded like tonight.

My BIL went to the hospital this morning when we did to just sit with her. My hunny helped feed her breakfast and I did both lunch and dinner. My BILs wife finally showed up at 5:45pm today. . . . To start telling me everything I was doing wrong. And yet she has never taken care of Granny.

This afternoon BIL admitted his wife was scared to have her come spend a weekend. Their solution was to bring an RV to park in our driveway so they are here to "help". I have already explained before we all agreed to this that we can not leave the house for long due to our responsibility to all the animals. The only way I get a break is it I am removed from thesituation, if not, she wants me and me only. . . Granny is comfortable with me and is afraid of the unknown, but unless they give it a try, we will never know. . . . Probably shouldn't have told my brother in law to grow a set of balls and tell his wife I am in need of my own hunny time.

Life is now going to be getting harder. Her compressor will only reach so far which I don't know that distance yet.. Will find out tomorrow. Would be nice if we could place in hallway to reach her bed room, master bath and living room and put far enough back to leave room for her walker with seat so I can still just push her around Trying to keep wheels away from tubings. We will also get small oxygen tanks which I do not know how long they will last. All of my grandkids are an hour and 15 minutes to 3 hours away. If we hit traffic, will be longer. . . Would they be enough for a visit? It is already difficult going since they are not set up for handicapped and everything that is needed to take with wheelchair, walker with seat, change of clothes, special drinking cup, wipes and then extra pull ups and pads. It's just a lot of stuff to pack up. Think baby, but adult sized.

In about 2 weeks I'll be moving my parents stuff to my sister's house. My sister lives in another state about 10 hours away. Once I get their stuff moved I'll dispose of everything they don't take with them, then sell their house.
Hopefully my house will be completed by that time and I can start moving in.

Well, I'm glad you told him to grow a pair. They way you are being used is wrong.

I'm no where near your level, but mom rarely goes home and when she does, it's very hard on my brother who lives next door to her he has to actually do things for her.

He admits it though. He does have major pain from all of the metal in his back and the meds are hard on him.

Mom is going home next Tuesday to get all of her 1000s of clothes and shoes taken care of. She has so much stuff to get rid of. I don't have any more room. She already has more storage than all of us. My daughter is taking lots of the furni1ure for her new house and I may take some.

We will go up with a Uhaul at end of the month and load the rest of stuff. I have a few things from my youth I will bring, but the rest can go to the mission. I am glad to do all of this before she passes and has time to go through and relive her memories.

She's lost 2 husband's and 3 son's plus she's the only child left in her family.i will be hard for her I'm sure.

My septic line was rather clogged so I dug and found the trap door. (Heavy) I uses the auger and snaked out a baseball sized gob of mom's fixodent. It's the only think I can think of that has that texture and isn't water soluble.

What a way to start my day.

Another doctor's appointment for mom. This will be 4 in the last 10 days. We have another on Monday then she's off to KY to clean out her house.

My son is on Fall break next week so I'm happy we can have time not running to another doctor.

Granny came home from the hospital late in the night Oct 1st, so BIL stayed with us, sleeping on the couch. I was up at the normal 3 am to get Granny dressed and ready for the day, then put back to bed since I had to go to work. When I got home, she was ok but by that evening she was off again. Back to the ER we went. She was a little dehydrated so given fluids and sent home around 4:30 am on Thur morning. Thursday we had her switched from Home Health to Hospice. She was good until Sunday morning. She had a major diarrhea explosion that morning. She was so weak I had to get my hunny to come and help me move her to the rolling walker after cleaning her up as much as I could while she was in bed still. We have her a shower then went back to the ER. She really didn't want to and I knew better, but my hunny needed it. We were told her heart is just giving out.
Everyone in the family was contacted and they all trickled in. Monday Granny was awake and alert most of the day with most all of the immediate family surrounding her. I even took off work which should say something since the last time was back in 2012 for when my dad passed. She was talking Monday, speaking in what I call tongues since no one could understand her, saying unknown words to us and then breaking out singing 'In the Garden'. All in almost one breath, looking at me and just giving me the biggest grin ever. . . . Three of the boys were here that night and one of their wives that is a nurse practitioner. I did not have to worry about her meds. We had stopped the normal but was giving her comfort drugs that night. I barely slept finally just staying with her at 3 am so son 2 could get some sleep too. On Tues, she never woke again passing at 11:48 am. The hospice nurse got out here around 12:15 to pronounce and get her body ready for transport. my DIL helped with that and since my SIL never took care of Granny while she was alive, I let her do that. Granny was no longer there. . . . It was just her earthly body. I felt like I was there for her when she needed it and feel no regrets. Sheriff came out to make their report too.
So fast forward to today, we finally have everything set to go for a wake tomorrow evening with a service on Sat morning. Burial is at a later date since she wanted to be cremated.

Danil,

I’m sorry to hear that, but we all know she is in a much better place.

I’m sure it’s not a lot of help, but we’re thinking about y’all. I hope that knowing you did everything you could for her will help. Now it’s time to take care of yourself.

Latest posts

Back