The criminal insanity of the British justice system

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so one of the burglars gets stabbed by his own screwdriver which he brought with him to frighten the home owner? poetic justice if you ask me.
what ever happen to "reasonable force" if you think your life is threatened.
the poor old pensioner must have been frightened to death, i'm surprised he didn't have a heart attack!!

I hope there are more details to this case to come out. Because if not then your justice system has gone insane! Please post more on this if you read anything new.

this "incident" happened in south east London around 1AM, if you find 2 men in your home at that time you KNOW their up to no good!!
not sure how they got in, maybe the old boy left a window open.
I suppose when someone dies in those circumstances the Police have to arrest the survivor just so they can check all the facts, but its a bit hard on the 78 year old pensioner, I think he should have been in hospital being checked over.
notice the Police only turned up AFTER the event. typical for the UK these days.

this "incident" happened in south east London around 1AM, if you find 2 men in your home at that time you KNOW their up to no good!!
not sure how they got in, maybe the old boy left a window open.
I suppose when someone dies in those circumstances the Police have to arrest the survivor just so they can check all the facts, but its a bit hard on the 78 year old pensioner, I think he should have been in hospital being checked over.
notice the Police only turned up AFTER the event. typical for the UK these days.
\\

heck that is typical anywhere,,,,,they show up to pick up the pieces ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if they show up at all

the problem is the screwdriver-which the burglar brought with him- this is classed as a weapon no matter who used it, if the pensioner had battered the burglar with his walking stick he'd be a "have a go hero", but because its a weapon its called murder.
I actually believe its just the Police being cautious, I think any charges will be dropped quite quickly, if not there is likely to be a public outcry.

Personally I think the old guy should be treated as a hero. He wasn’t a vigilante or anything, but just decided to not be another victim in his own home.

Hah you are bloody joking, its more likely the police and CPS ( public prosecutors office) will crucify him , this single ancient 78 year old law abiding pension has done more to fight crime in Londonistan than 29,000 Met police officers have done.

the old boy was merely defending himself from an armed intruder, personally I think a good lawyer would make mincemeat out of any police case.
TWO intruders HALF his age who went there specifically to steal?? they should throw the book at the surviving burglar.
but as I always say "the law is an ###" i'm sure i'll probably be proved wrong.

Last edited:
The British police are by far the single greatest advert for Vigilantism and private gun ownership you can get.
Agreed.
I don't know about 'oop North, but here in rural Devon we hardly ever see a copper, they certainly don't "walk the beat" anymore, and as we both know they are Reactive not Proactive.
I think the "London Riots" showed us just how bad the British Police are at fighting crime, I know its when I lost the last vestige of any respect I had for the modern force.

Here, the surviving burglar would be charged with first degree murder by proximate cause under the Felony Murder Rule. He willfully engaged in a felonious activity (home invasion and assault of homeowner) that was likely to cause grievous bodily harm. Such harm did result from his activity, therefore he was the proximate cause of the death.

Allow me to go on a bit of a rant here.
How?? How does this happen?
The only thing the police should have done in this situation is arrange for someone to come pick up the body. This man should have ZERO repercussions, and should not have even been bothered beyond a few simple questions once it was clear that it was a home invasion.

There should be a crowd outside that Police station, demanding his instant release, and the dropping of all charges, this man should not have to go through the bother of any sort of trial.

A question for the British folks on here... What is the solution to this? Anyway to push to get these laws changed?

What if this had happened to an MP? Would they be charged with murder?

well I suppose the Police have to establish the facts, and the pensioner would need to write a statement of what happened.
most MP's live in secure and alarmed premises, some in gated communities, and the major government ministers have security officers-usually ex military.
the trouble with UK law is the Police have to be "seen to be doing" . usually AFTER anything is long over.

Oh I think with the rash of murders in Londonstan and hardly any arrest, now the police can say we arrested someone for murder waving the hands saying look at us, we've caught a killer, aren't we doing a fabulous job... a little sarcasm thrown in.

the problem is the screwdriver-which the burglar brought with him- this is classed as a weapon no matter who used it, if the pensioner had battered the burglar with his walking stick he'd be a "have a go hero", but because its a weapon its called murder.
I actually believe its just the Police being cautious, I think any charges will be dropped quite quickly, if not there is likely to be a public outcry.
I sure hope your right.

SE, Paul, here is a gentleman 21yr veteran of the police force in GB from London to coastal town. He has pretty good insight in the policing practices in GB, he says much of it is run like a Walmart, good interview between an American cop and a British cop, at his current location he says if he got in trouble and needed an armed response it would take 4o minutes to get help. Lot in this interview once a couple of minutes of blah blah blah gets done.

https://www.full30.com/video/eff62fd8f5dc00161281d5ea0deea4da

Latest posts

Back