Something is up with Gold

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think that it's because silver has become more of an industrial metal now?
That's nothing new. Besides manufacturing was going full bore before the virus, so it should have been up both as a safe haven and as an industrial metal. Maybe the crash a few years ago still has investors spooked. I bought some during the crash at $30 thinking it had bottomed out and was a bargain. Boy was I wrong!

I used to dabble a bit in the stocks and got decent returns. Gold wasn't too bad either in the long term. I then switched to P2P lending and that was also quite profitable. Overall the gains were about 10%. However I came to realise that instead of investing that money with risks attached i would actually get a better return on my investments if I invested in my own infrastructure at home. I spent the money on energy and food production and I make a lot more than a 10% return on that investment.

About a month ago, I made the decision to schedule my retirement to June 1st. At that time, I did, as Articdude did, move a large chuck of 401k to managed funds. Sure glad I did, today. Currently, wifey and myself can live comfortably on SS since my house (both of them) are paid for. Once retired, I will sell one of the houses and add that to my retirement. Hopefully, I can continue to live on SS alone and not have to touch my 401K. Yes, I will have to deal with the minimum distribution, but that will just be moved into individual mutual funds and hopefully not be necessary for living expenses.

As of today, I feel good. Tomorrow, who knows. Things seem to be shifting "big time", today.

About a month ago, I made the decision to schedule my retirement to June 1st. At that time, I did, as Articdude did, move a large chuck of 401k to managed funds. Sure glad I did, today. Currently, wifey and myself can live comfortably on SS since my house (both of them) are paid for. Once retired, I will sell one of the houses and add that to my retirement. Hopefully, I can continue to live on SS alone and not have to touch my 401K. Yes, I will have to deal with the minimum distribution, but that will just be moved into individual mutual funds and hopefully not be necessary for living expenses.

As of today, I feel good. Tomorrow, who knows. Things seem to be shifting "big time", today.
Congrats on living long enough to retire! I’m hoping to....

Latest posts

Back