Helpful Info. Some advice on optics needed

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bro_drey

Reaction score
I have a colt le6920 and a glock 23 gen 3 . That’s been more than enough for my home defense needs but with this “new phase “ I see America going through I’ve been quite concerned I recently bought some more weapons out of fear that it would be increasingly difficult to do and also with the idea of maybe acquiring some land in Alaska to bug out to if shtf. I bought a Remington 700 26” barrel in 308 ( as I like to have readily available rounds) and a browning bps field 12ga. On my m4 I have an aimpoint pro but for this rifle I’m at a loss I’ve been avidly into archery throughout my lifetime and the glock needs no sights and the aimpoint is extremely straightforward. This Remington 700 will be for hunting and was wondering if anyone had some good advice on a scope to pick up . I paid about $900 for the rifle and would like to keep the scope within those parameters as well . Also if anyone has any links to some long range shooting material or tutorials ide appreciate that as I’ve never shot through a scope before thanks for the input!
539cdcc9f856e89a2b7c49bedca6cb0c.jpg

72ff9a3fafb02f93ea7e3b823c0a5fc5.jpg

29371fbe1c899a8b739e16ea34f5421d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a colt le6920 and a glock 23 gen 3 . That’s been more than enough for my home defense needs but with this “new phase “ I see America going through I’ve been quite concerned I recently bought some more weapons out of fear that it would be increasingly difficult to do and also with the idea of maybe acquiring some land in Alaska to bug out to if shtf. I bought a Remington 700 26” barrel in 308 ( as I like to have readily available rounds) and a browning bps field 12ga. On my m4 I have an aimpoint pro but for this rifle I’m at a loss I’ve been avidly into archery throughout my lifetime and the glock needs no sights and the aimpoint is extremely straightforward. This Remington 700 will be for hunting and was wondering if anyone had some good advice on a scope to pick up . I paid about $900 for the rifle and would like to keep the scope within those parameters as well . Also if anyone has any links to some long range shooting material or tutorials ide appreciate that as I’ve never shot through a scope before thanks for the input!

depending on what you call long range

long range simplified,,,,,here ya go,top link is the scope you want,bottom link will have all the ballistics for whatever caliber you are shooting,,,,,I have one of these scopes and it does quite well

https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products//riflescopes/buckmasters-ii-3-9x40-bdc.html

http://spoton.nikonsportoptics.com/spoton/spoton.html#Index:4

On my 6.5 Creedmoor, I have a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24 x 50 scope. It is my medium to Long range (500 to 1,000 yards) scope and rifle. It is first focal plane and very good glass. The 308 is an excellent round but does not have the extreme range of the 6.5 Creedmoor but can shoot heavier rounds. The down side issue with using a scope is field of view. At 100 yards, on my maximum power setting (24 power) my field of view through the scope is measured in feet, not yards. The upside is greatly improved accuracy over open sights. Being old and a bit OCD (nice way of saying anal) I love the ability to count the hairs on my intended target. Aim small, miss small. (not my quote). The Vortex Diamond Tactical can be found (do your research) for between $350 and $500, depending on demand. I was very fortunate to get mine through my son and was able to get it for $300. Another scope to consider is the SWFA 12, 16 or 20 power fixed scopes. They have been getting very good reviews and they sell for about $300. Either of the fixed power SWFA scopes would work well on a 308. Lots of good scopes out there and you don't have to break the bank to buy one.

Without disclosing where your land is, can you give me ideas on well located land for me to consider. A, currently looking at a couple other states.

You find that funny?

I thought you was saying that in jest. I could not imagine it being true. I figured you would have medical insurance and the means to pay your bills. If I'm in error, then it's not funny in any way. You have my apologies and I'm sorry about your situation.

I thought you was saying that in jest. I could not imagine it being true. I figured you would have medical insurance and the means to pay your bills. If I'm in error, then it's not funny in any way. You have my apologies and I'm sorry about your situation.
I need to learn how to put those smiley face things in my posts. We'll be fine. It's just going to be an expensive summer. Partly because of my health, low cattle prices, high feed costs, need an extra 50 ton of hay, wife can't return to work, and now we have a broken water line somewhere within a half mile area.
As I've always told everyone else; always have a cushion to cover any problem that may arise.
We don't know about the insurance yet.

Latest posts

Back