SE's movie recommendation

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psalm7

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't find the thread We were talking about this on so I put it here . I followed the Old Britt's suggestion and looked this one up .
15291718873221515393408.jpg

Depends on what you mean by "good" jontte. It's not a movie that you want to watch more than once. It's certainly not a feel-good movie, but one that makes you squirm watching people having to make gut wrenching life and death decisions in a EOTWAWKI scenario. I can tell you it made a huge lasting impression on me.

Good , well directed, actors did good , good screen play flash fowards and flash backs . Good story .
It has some harsh scenes in it . If My Wife watches it I'll have to skip through a couple parts .
And What Dr said .

Its not a Gung ho hero kills bad guy type movie its much more gritty , hunger, desperation, migration, panic, violent reaction, state trying to cover up and play down the crisis. Its dated and of course being British and of the 70s the " good guys" are ALWAY middle class just like in the even better SURVIVORS by Terry Nation (1970s version)

Depends on what you mean by "good" jontte. It's not a movie that you want to watch more than once. It's certainly not a feel-good movie, but one that makes you squirm watching people having to make gut wrenching life and death decisions in a EOTWAWKI scenario. I can tell you it made a huge lasting impression on me.

No Blade of Grass ( Death of grass), Doomwatch, Terry Nations Survivors , The UK TV version of Day of the Triffids plus other one off Dramas produced for the BBC in the early 70s are what got me in part into survivalism.

Last edited:
Back