Secret life of a Leftist prepper

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think of it this way. I'll use a random city that comes to mind and a dark sky area.
Greensboro, NC has a population of just under 300k. Let's just say that the initial collapse from something nationwide that takes out our food distribution happens. Within a few weeks at best every major city just like this one will be mayhem. So just assume that 10% survive (30k) the first 4-6 months. But things are getting even worse in the cities with lack of water, no sewers and sanitation, and food is dwindling and dead bodies are everywhere. And over the coarse of the first 4-6 months the 10% formed groups at first that were 20-50 ppl and then to not get wiped out by raiding parties those groups joined other groups and so on until there were 6 groups total with of coarse some lone wolfs but for the sake of this scenario lets just assume that it plays out so that there are 6 groups with 5k ppl somehow surviving from the scavenged supplies throughout Greensboro, NC 4-6 months after the collapse. Now one of those groups leaders looks ahead and thinks that moving on out of the city with that size group is going to be better and decides to scavenge the countryside for cattle and take over farms one small town at a time.
What's to become of our small town?
It would take a leader to lead a town and people who were not ready for such to stand up to a force this size.
While someone to lead and stop such a force would be more rare to take a stand and lead a town that has fallen apart in a collapse, the chances of a large gang ravaging the country side is quite likely. Now could you and I and all of our neighbors stop fighting amongst ourselves and fight off a large group? Possibly.
My point is same as above. Don't underestimate the threat of large hordes of refugees. Some of them yes will be just large amounts of pathetic looking people with carts of crap that they push along the road with no purpose, but some may form a formidable group. Hence why I feel we should strive to be as far away from large population centers as possible.

why I feel we should strive to be as far away from large population centers as possible.
exactly, and is just one of the reasons why I live where I do, even in Britain its a long walk from any of our large cities or urban centres.
people are not going to be able to carry much in the way of food and water(do they even know that any water not from the mains has to be treated?) and just hoping to find food and water along the way is a stupid idea and will end in failure and death.

so the conclusion is ; never,ever underestimate your opponent, don't overestimate your own abilities, plan ahead A,B,C as most likely when plan A is being executed it falls to shits..that comparioson of feral dogs are quite accurate,in large groups they pose a threat.

so the conclusion is ; never,ever underestimate your opponent, don't overestimate your own abilities, plan ahead A,B,C as most likely when plan A is being executed it falls to shits..that comparioson of feral dogs are quite accurate,in large groups they pose a threat.

Meet my well prepped and winterised Were-Terrier , ready to savage the massed hordes of antifas, YUP its a dog parka for when he wants to go hunting Grizzlies :)

upload_2019-10-20_11-27-21.jpeg

I think there are preppers on all sides of the political spectrum; just because someone is crazy in one thing doesn't mean they aren't at least a little sensible in another area. And I do believe most people do have survival instincts, even if modern society suppresses them or twists them. So it doesn't surprise me that people like this exist. Exactly how long they will survive after SHTF - well, you can't eat cigarettes.

I'm just trying to imagine what a group of left wing anarchist "preppers" will be like when the SHTF.

First they will have drunken drugged out orgies to celebrate not having any authorities over them, which they will continue until the food/drugs/alcohol start to run low. Then in desperation they will start killing each other over aforementioned food/drugs/alcohol until it is all gone. Those that are left will then die of dehydration and starvation because the withdrawal symptoms will make them too weak to go find supplies.

A few points. First, I said me & 4 fellow DDPers, so it'd be 5 vs 50. And think about what I said. Consider how much ammo & weapons you have within 30 ft of where you are right now. If you can't fill a dolly, I'm not sure why you're here (or maybe expand the range to 100 or 200 ft?). I'd expect you can fill the back of a pickup, at least 10 weapons and 10k rounds? And you're one person, make it 5 full pickups for 5 guys. Now let's look at Antifa, 50 guys (or identify as male??). I'd guess they might have 2 handguns and 2 boxes of ammo among the whole lot. I'll go rich & add 10 BB guns. No spare magazines: 2 guns, 2 magazines, call it 20 rounds and able to reload 2-3 times? Back to our side. Anyone here have less than enough magazines to load 500 rounds? Call it 25 magazines. This is per person. And, you have actually fired your weapons! So, anyone want to project that battle?

OK, back to scenarios. I've done a model where I've looked at smaller towns and larger cities within 100 miles. Take the population, break it into 3 equally sized groups. Assume a worst-case scenario like EMP. Group 1: head out of the town to go to family in the country (they are no threat). Group 2: stay frozen in their homes. They'll get slaughtered by group 3. Group 3 ( the problem): 1/3rd of the people go out & scavenge/kill/steal to survive, forming packs. Most will be smaller, dozen(s)? They'll first go throughout the cities (places they know) slaughtering each other. And once the cities are gutted, they'll move outward (weeks/months). Numbers: Group 1 (33%): no threat, may or may not make it. Well, let's say 5% of this group turn into Group 3. Group 2 (33%) are dead. Group 3: 33% start, let's say 80% of them get killed. That leaves 5% of Group1 (who've gone bad) and 3% of Group 3. That's 8%. Assume they'll be moving out via major highways/roads primarily. If you have a city of 1 million, that's 80k people heading out to cause trouble. Assume 2/3rds are on major roads & 1/3rd go cross-country. And assume __% are killed for every mile, this might be 5%, take your own guess. Times will be dangerous. Those 80k at 5,10,20, or 30 miles will drop to 62k, 47k, 28k, and 17k respectively. Take a smaller town of 10k and take 2 '0's off each of those numbers (620, 470...). Keep in mind, these are all the people moving in all directions. If you think you'll get 1% of the exodus, plan accordingly. And plan for your region, liberal areas will have far more cowards (group 2), and some areas like Chicago will have far more Group 3.

Ok, in these scenarios the zombies will be armed. But minimal training, minimal supplies, and desperate. A bad combination for them if you're ready.

A few points. First, I said me & 4 fellow DDPers, so it'd be 5 vs 50. .

Shoot ONE and they will be outraged , Shoot the 2nd and they will start to react, shoot the 3rd and they will realise they are vulnerable, shoot the 4th and they will panic, by the 6th shot they will be trying to get out of the way.

Latest posts

Back