North Korea

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no expert on the subject of war nor am I an advocate of it. It would appear however in today's modern Era that war is a game of chess.

It seems as if many countries are tap dancing that fine line than ever before. Many of them probably do it for leverage and or influence. Everyones constantly assessing their competition and were they rank in the super power hierarchy.

I have a feeling that the powers that be for whatever reason have decided that North Korea has reached the end of their time line.

Who knows though, maybe this will blow over.

I don't think that there can be any real experts on warfare... Yes, some are better prepared that others, and there have been people in the past that were exceptionally skilled when it comes to the art of war... but war will always be unpredictable, and when stone age minds toys with ballistic missiles, armed with nuclear warheads... it can very easily spiral out of control... The Chinese should side with the US, and its allies, and once and for all get rid of the North Koreans... Set an example for the rest of the world... Stop making trouble, or else... By siding with the coalition forces, the risk of a major conflict between the US and the Chinese would be substantially diminished... Why should China help a so called allied who sticks it to the all of the time? Dragging them into a conflict that they hopefully doesn't want...

Last edited:
don't know if it can be applied here,but I remember reading that some military leader once said;you can plan as much as you like ,but as soon as bullets fly those plans fly to hell as well,then you simply adapt..
and as much as I try to get into that reseve unit,I truly,honestly hope I don't have to recive a call telling me me to come,you have so and so many hrs to be here..
we have your gear ready.

Last edited:
don't know if it can be apploed here,but I remember reading that some military leader once said;you can plan as much as you like ,but as soon as bullets fly those plans fly to hell as well,then you simply adapt..
and as much as I try to get into that reseve unit,I truly,honestly hope I don't have to recive a call telling me me to come,you have so and so many hrs to be here..
we have your gear ready.

Personally I have never been to war, but there must be a lot of adapting, and altering plans... Let's hope the Russians doesn't assault Finland again, but when it comes to North Korea, it's way over due to destroy them... If they don't destroy them as soon as possible, they will soon be able to nuke the mainland of the USA... I simply don't believe that the American army is preparing for war in the vicinity of China and Russia if the North Koreans wasn't a very serious threat to the security of the United State of America, and its allies...

don't know if it can be apploed here,but I remember reading that some military leader once said;you can plan as much as you like ,but as soon as bullets fly those plans fly to hell as well,then you simply adapt..
we have your gear ready.

"No plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond the first contact with the main hostile force."
- Prussian Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

Which is usually paraphrased:
"No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy."

FB_IMG_1493504756942.jpg

Ya its not good. I feel like this situation is a frieght train that cant be stopped. I do hope it can for the sake of man kind.

Most of mankind are rotten to the core anyway... backstabbing, lying, treacherous, hypocrites... etc. etc... I'm afraid this train is going no way to slow down...

Many are so surprised and preach damnation along with the end of times, how easy it is of the young to forget of the past or wasn't even born during the hight of the Cold War :(

All the talk here is the same as it was in the 50s 60s 70s 80s and even the 90s.

Eisenhower threaten to nuke china in 53 over our POW, the Cuban missile crises in 62 or in 1983 during able archer or in 1995 during a rocket mishap out of Europe. All these fears are the same fears for the past 64 years. If one doesn't remember seeing the white CD vans driving around, monthly testing of air raid sirens in your town, conelrad testing, fallout shelter signs everywhere, duck and cover, public service announcements on tv regarding nuclear war or brochures handed to student for parents from the office of civil defense, nuclear testing in the desert before moving to underground testing, the list is long from the 50s 60s and early 70s.... those were true fears. Today is nowhere near to what it once was.

Many are so surprised and preach damnation along with the end of times, how easy it is of the young to forget of the past or wasn't even born during the hight of the Cold War :(

All the talk here is the same as it was in the 50s 60s 70s 80s and even the 90s.

Eisenhower threaten to nuke china in 53 over our POW, the Cuban missile crises in 62 or in 1983 during able archer or in 1995 during a rocket mishap out of Europe. All these fears are the same fears for the past 64 years. If one doesn't remember seeing the white CD vans driving around, monthly testing of air raid sirens in your town, conelrad testing, fallout shelter signs everywhere, duck and cover, public service announcements on tv regarding nuclear war or brochures handed to student for parents from the office of civil defense, nuclear testing in the desert before moving to underground testing, the list is long from the 50s 60s and early 70s.... those were true fears. Today is nowhere near to what it once was.

I wasnt around for most of what you mentioned. I do pay attention however to the trend of the media. It's hard to believe anything you see or read about without verifyin source of material. Each news network has its own biased agenda.

I feel as if we're a culture heavily influenced by fear. You don't to see many positive occurrences being celebrated.

I wasnt around for most of what you mentioned. I do pay attention however to the trend of the media. It's hard to believe anything you see or read about without verifyin source of material. Each news network has its own biased agenda.

I feel as if we're a culture heavily influenced by fear. You don't to see many positive occurrences being celebrated.

In parts you're correct, through successes my culture was overshadowed by threats of nuclear war and fear, we had many achievements that is enjoyed today, from the internet to medicine to space to communications to robotics all started from the Cold War. My generation also had far more freedoms in many day to day life situations than today.

What if by chance our goverment is lacking in the respobsibility to prepare us. I mean the threat is real but yet they move on to the next story. Every other country in the middle east has prepared their citizens. Built bomb shelters and tells the what they need to do. Even does drills. Practice evacuations. Practice hospital triaging. If we got hit in the mainland it would be complete chaios. " we" the preppers are not blind. And luckily teach ourselves. Something everyone should know since it is a possibility to happen. Speacially in such an evil time as today.

What if by chance our goverment is lacking in the respobsibility to prepare us. I mean the threat is real but yet they move on to the next story. Every other country in the middle east has prepared their citizens. Built bomb shelters and tells the what they need to do. Even does drills. Practice evacuations. Practice hospital triaging. If we got hit in the mainland it would be complete chaios. " we" the preppers are not blind. And luckily teach ourselves. Something everyone should know since it is a possibility to happen. Speacially in such an evil time as today.
I think our govt is lacking in lots of ways. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti government, just realistic. I believe greed runs most of it, not common sense or the consideration of the welfare of the common citizen. I'm not expecting any help from the powers that be in an emergency as they are woefully unprepared to handle any thing on a large scale. FEMA has stockpiles and resources available, but even that would be wiped out in a week or two, if they decided to share it with the masses and not keep it for those in control.

I think our govt is lacking in lots of ways. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti government, just realistic. I believe greed runs most of it, not common sense or the consideration of the welfare of the common citizen. I'm not expecting any help from the powers that be in an emergency as they are woefully unprepared to handle any thing on a large scale. FEMA has stockpiles and resources available, but even that would be wiped out in a week or two, if they decided to share it with the masses and not keep it for those in control.
The moral here, learn to take care of yourself and those you care for.

The US Government stopped citizen involvement back in 1974 and pretty much ended the program in 1979 when the office of civil defense (CD) changed it's mission and name to FEMA. The population is too vast today for the US Government to handle multiple catastrophic events coast to coast. It isn't the Governments responsibility to prepare us and how can they, both FEMA and Red Cross for years tried to get people to stock 3 days worth of water and food, how many people followed the advice? very little did. For christ's sake people today can't even handle the pet dying without going on psych meds so we going to teach these same people how to survive a nuclear war? when they can't even follow the simple advice of storing water and food. People today aren't the same as yesterday unfortunately, my generation and all before it are made out to be the boogeyman of the 21st century in other words we and our knowledge have been archived.

Our Country is aging and done everything it can to erase the past. The baby boomers are the one's that lived the 'red scare' and they are aging quickly, the people today are not at the same emotional level as there Grandfathers were, I have been taught at an very young age of self reliance and independence even communities (small towns) prided themselves on self reliance and independence both of which today are thought of as anti-civilized and the new teachings revolve around the collective thinking with the Government as center mass.

My point is, don't rely on the Government to take care of you, Your responsibilities are not the Governments. We prep so we don't have to go to the Feds for help nor expect it.

civil defence in the UK was stopped in the 80s, now nobody apart from a few preppers, small holders and the like even have a pantry, nobody else keeps any food in the house, most live on microwave food which they buy daily from the supermarket on the way home, a "big shop" once a week or once a month is a thing of the past.
if any event, even a medium size one, happened that would be out of food within 24 hours, the supermarket will be emptied in a day and once the power goes off they couldn't cook any food if they had any.
the mortality rate will be in the millions and I doubt the country would recover from it within a century if ever, the survivors will be living an 18th century life style, something which most people in this country could not imagine.

Latest posts

Back