Nonpossessory interests

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
So I get a letter yesterday from the BPA (Bonneville Power Administration) that is part of the US department of energy. The BPA has nonpossessory interests in my property, basically they want to put in an easement road through the property to gain access to the power lines 3 miles South of my property, that means I would have to give them access codes to my gate and they install a gate with their own lock on it at the South property fencing. I am not going to set a precedents that later turns into something like a restrictive covenant, the power lines border private land, agreeing with BPA request would open me up to easement rights from private party (restrictive covenant) I am sending the letter back with a NO

Let them figure out another way to it. There is no way up you should give the, access. As you said, it opens you up to further invasion.

The lines have been their since 1974, they have used helicopters for repairs and inspection this whole time, they can continue to do so.

Latest posts

Back