New York Preppers!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomadicPrepper

Reaction score
Hey there my fellow New York Preppers! I recently moved up here from South Carolina a few months ago, now residing in Central NY (Thankfully out of the city) Always told myself I'd never come up here but life sure threw me some surprises.

So how many Preppers on these forums call NY home, and how are ya'll doing?

~Nomad

I moved up here in near the end of February, more snow than I've ever seen in a lifetime 😂
had to learn how to shovel snow, learned how to operate one of those snow plow things that look like a lawn mower.
Thankfully my little truck was able to get around easily.

Definitely a wake up call from my Southern roots😂

But yeah, I notice more people stockpiling stuff up here than they did down south, lots of farmers around here, and I'm sure many more preppers too.

I moved up here in near the end of February, more snow than I've ever seen in a lifetime 😂
had to learn how to shovel snow, learned how to operate one of those snow plow things that look like a lawn mower.
Thankfully my little truck was able to get around easily.

Definitely a wake up call from my Southern roots😂

But yeah, I notice more people stockpiling stuff up here than they did down south, lots of farmers around here, and I'm sure many more preppers too.

One of the first things I noticed was nearly everyone here has a garden. That was back in 2013. Since COVID, seen more gardens, more than a few people now with small or medium livestock.

We occasionally hear people shooting.
Last year, heard someone was practicing, rapid fire, well after dark.

I remember being out in a tree stand (I had permission to hunt the corn field next to me and in back of my 3 acres).
Shots started whizzing in back of me. I had told the neighbor on the other side that it was ok to shoot towards my back 1 1/2 acres. He was practicing with his SK.
Needless to say I changed the rules. He had to call me first.

Latest posts

Back