new prepper from down under

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newaussieprepper

Reaction score
Hi all,
kind of new to this however i have always been aware of prepping and always wanted to start so now im going to give it a shot. I guess im prepping fort the new world order and martial law side of things but we don't really have much info on things like that happening at anytime in Australia. id love to hear any information or views that any of you guys have on things like that potentially happening in Australia. also what kind of things i should do to prep for such an event? look forward to hearing what you guys all have to say.

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest that you have a good look through all of the threads and ask questions where they apply to the topic. Prepping covers a broad spectrum but the basics for nearly any situation is to make sure you have food, water, shelter, and a way to defend yourself.

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest that you have a good look through all of the threads and ask questions where they apply to the topic. Prepping covers a broad spectrum but the basics for nearly any situation is to make sure you have food, water, shelter, and a way to defend yourself.
thanks, ill have a scroll through some of the threads and see what i can find

Hi all,
kind of new to this however i have always been aware of prepping and always wanted to start so now im going to give it a shot. I guess im prepping fort the new world order and martial law side of things but we don't really have much info on things like that happening at anytime in Australia. id love to hear any information or views that any of you guys have on things like that potentially happening in Australia. also what kind of things i should do to prep for such an event? look forward to hearing what you guys all have to say.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

G'day and welcome.

I spent a little time in SA (vic Iron Knob/Iron Baron) with a small team doing SHTF scenario.
I have found some of the threads and links on the forums to be informative here.
Hope you something out of it.

Yo

G'day and welcome.

I spent a little time in SA (vic Iron Knob/Iron Baron) with a small team doing SHTF scenario.
I have found some of the threads and links on the forums to be informative here.
Hope you something out of it.

Yo
thanks mate, do you still have contacts with some of your SHTF scenario buddies? what kind of scenarios were you practicing for? and also do you have any links to the threads in regards to aussie threats? cheers mate

The SA Scenario included Tassie and I had 15 men, a DC3 Plane, various 6 x wheeled vehicles (mainly Troopies), various wpns and comms - approx 18 yrs ago.
I had to perform incidents but was allowed to decide what incident to invent to achieve the aim of the activity. Unfortunately, I was very very successful, which is not a good thing.

Since then I have come up with 'Hypotheticals'. These are scenarios to make people think and can cover anything you want to work on. I use these all the time including last year to get people to think.
Hypothetical 1 - you are travelling down the road and you have certain equipment in your veh. You come across a recent veh accident (start asking the group what they would do). Other questions follow on from whatever answers you receive from the group.
Hypothetical 2 - you are visiting friends on the coast. A radio alert goes out that a Tsunami is 30 min inbound, list what you might have in your veh, (start asking the group what they would do). Other questions follow on from whatever answers you receive from the group.
I do similar things with stories of people who have made poor decisions - to help people develop their decision making capability.

If you want to see what threats are open to various countries - look at threats to Australia both domestic and from abroad - you should get something.
Just read the news about Boston and subversive activities in Sydney and Melbourne. You should get a huge list in a short period of time.

Yo

Good scenarios - have also done training very similar scenarios - actually did role plays with some to make them realistic - did some of these at Iron Knob too - that's in the middle of no where!!!
Yeah, I'll have to have a look to see what threats may occur here - I feel it will be either natural disasters, or economic breakdowns ( our debt levels are a lot higher than we have been told, so can't wait for the budget soon to see how buggered up the economy really is.).

You may have to wait until the change over of power is complete after Sep 13 elections.
I still have an investment property in QLD. The previous gov't there drove the State down to where everything has risen in cost eg power and water.
My Rates/Water increased $1,000 per year without seeing any improvement to services.

As soon as house prices go up or market improves - I'll sell the property and possibly buy some high and dry land with bore water access - unsure where but most likely QLD or NT. Although the land north of HCMC looks good.

Last year I decided to work and warned gov't that I would cost too much and to pay me under a different system but I was assured that everything was OK.
My contract was changed after signing and my pay was reduced by 60% (approx. $250,000) with 12 mth contract reduced to 11.3 mths and I received similar to what I originally wanted. However, I only saw my family for 4 wks during an 11.3 mth period because I had to wait for holiday leave credits to accumulate. I have numerous documents including emails and will most likely submit a claim for lost income against gov't for incompetence (independent auditor processes the claim at no cost) - although I don't need the money, it could finance some business venture and makes a statement to gov't.

The next gov't will have to fix many financial problems. The list of investigations for money wastage will be on going for many years to come.

Yo

Latest posts

Back