Millenials meet reality

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, it’s a hoax, I had a double take when I first seen :)
https://www.kyma.com/news/odd-news/yes-that-snarky-bacon-packaging-is-real/780257164

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bacon-package-cooking-instructions/

From Snopes:
The pictured packaging originated with Black River Meats of North Springfield, Vermont, to whom we reached out to verify that this photograph did indeed capture a regularly sold product of theirs … and to inquire about what prompted the unorthodox labeling.

Sean Buchanan, VP of Sales and Marketing, confirmed to us that this was indeed a photograph of a Black River brand bacon product. When we asked if the label was merely offered to be amusing or was meant as a somewhat sardonic jab at the American educational system, Buchanan responded that it was intended to be a mixture of humor and seriousness, because what’s the world coming to if people don’t know how to cook something as simple as bacon?

One of th problems with today's youth, is they are rebels looking for a cause but don't want to spend the time and minimal effort to understand what the cause is really about. They just want to be pointed in a general direction, given a slogan to yell and sent off to fame and glory.

Did they never drive as teenagers or did their parents always secretly service the cars behind their backs?

Millennials don't drive. They take Uber. ;)[/QUOTE]
They also DRIVE Uber.[/QUOTE]

That's hysterical. I remember a joke recently, I can't remember exactly how it goes. But something like how can young people learn the skills to maintain their house? The answer was "who are we kidding, these youth will never be able to buy a house!"

Driving uber is basically almost as good as being a taxi driver... not much of a high bar to hit.

Millennials don't drive. They take Uber. ;)
They also DRIVE Uber.[/QUOTE]

That's hysterical. I remember a joke recently, I can't remember exactly how it goes. But something like how can young people learn the skills to maintain their house? The answer was "who are we kidding, these youth will never be able to buy a house!"

Driving uber is basically almost as good as being a taxi driver... not much of a high bar to hit.[/QUOTE]

Driving for Uber is worse than being a taxi driver, the Uber driver is also paying for the fuel, maintenance, wear and tear. The millennial's are too stupid to figure out what that is costing them. Figure in the cost of insurance, your policy does not cover you being a self employed (contracting) commercial driver. Add in the very high maintenance costs of the vehicles, Now figure in the risk factor for a job paying less than minimum wages. Uber is perfect for the education level of most millennials. They are over educated in Liberal B.S. and under-educated on the realities of the real world and economics.

Millennials don't drive. They take Uber. ;)
We had Thanksgiving dinner at my daughter's place in the DC area. A millennial coworker of hers joined us. He told us he had a car but didn't ever drive it so he gave it to his father. He preferred taking Uber or public transportation everywhere.

Our kids are both millennials but they grew up in Alabama and Georgia, they couldn't live without their cars.

He told us he had a car but didn't ever drive it so he gave it to his father. He preferred taking Uber or public transportation everywhere.

If the SHTF in the DC area (high target area) this kid is going to try and get the heck out of Dodge via public transportation or Uber?...bananas!!!

Just one more indicator why this Urban Prepper is going to end up with a lot of supplies. Can't carry all those supplies and they will have to leave them all behind, when they try and march out to the rural area's. Those that don't try to walk out will die from thirst or from drinking the wrong items.

Back