Millenials meet reality

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasFreedom

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
https://www.infowars.com/millennial...or-classes-designed-to-teach-them-the-basics/

I was just having this conversation with a friend over these things. Basically, millennials are finding out that they need some skills to navigate life. Thinks like how to make a budget. How to fix a simple thing on the car. How to manage their time. These aren't college level classes, they are things teenagers learn from their parents. But millennials were too busy on their cell phones & facebook to waste any time on these things a decade ago. And oops, reality smacks them in the their face (bookless!).

So now they are taking classes on all of these very basic skills. Well, better late than never. Maybe a lot of them should be writing letters of apology to their parents? And learn how to parent while they're at it!

My millennial daughter just found out that cars don't run well without oil. :confused:

That reminds me... that's not a new story. Maybe 20+ years ago. A young fellow in high school got from daddy a new car. Drove it everywhere. A year or two later, the car sputtered & died. Had it towed to a repair shop and they told him the engine had seized up because it didn't have a drop of oil in there. He threw a fit, he said the dealership told him it was full of oil when they bought it!

Oops. I suspect daddy was not happy, but he might need to check the mirror to assign blame.

Schools used to teach Home Ec, guess they don't anymore. I know colleges have Domestic Science courses, basically Home Ec on steroids with many community colleges offering the courses for free with some here giving college credit for completing the course... college credit for life 101 ... college credit for shit they should have mastered at puberty o_O

Dud0QKxU0AAeMgV.jpg large.jpg

My truck has totally spoiled me. 12 years old, 160,000 miles and the oil level has never even been "out of spec" when I had it changed. I had some cars that I almost had to add oil every time I filled up the gas tank.

One shady mechanic tried to tell me my "upper oil gasket" was leaking badly and I needed to have it changed ($$$$$). Funny, the carport doesn't ANY oil stains... When pressed, he had to admit that the oil level was still in spec when he changed it.

I agree it is the parents responsibility to teach their children about the everyday items. I taught the kids to drive and maintain their vehicles. Not the schools. Today the parents are abdicating their responsibility as parents. Kids are growing up with delusions of grandeur and a lack of real world knowledge. Just finished reading a poll where 67 percent of the millenniums think they are going to be millionaires by age 45. Yep, their degree in basic ED is going to pave the way to fame and fortune. By the way, I have some prime beach front property for sale down here in Arizona. (dripping sarcasm).

I know how to cook bacon. . . I just hate doing it. It always tries to attack me.
And I really don't know how these people made it to adulthood without knowing you have to get your oil changed. Did they never drive as teenagers or did their parents always secretly service the cars behind their backs? Did they never wonder what the little sticker with an odometer reading was for on the windshield?

I know how to cook bacon. . . I just hate doing it. It always tries to attack me.
And I really don't know how these people made it to adulthood without knowing you have to get your oil changed. Did they never drive as teenagers or did their parents always secretly service the cars behind their backs? Did they never wonder what the little sticker with an odometer reading was for on the windshield?

Cast iron griddle with raised ridges, lay the bacon flat across the ridges, place it in the pre-heated oven at 425 for 15-20 minutes, bacon always flat and doesn't attack you -guarantee dead upon removel ;)

Cast iron griddle with raised ridges, lay the bacon flat across the ridges, place it in the pre-heated oven at 425 for 15-20 minutes, bacon always flat and doesn't attack you -guarantee dead upon removel ;)
Or I could microwave it. But I have been informed that these are not proper ways to cook bacon. The bacon snobs are now responsible for making sure it is cooked to their satisfaction and everyone is happy ;)

You can cook it in the oven as well. It’s attack free that way, and you can free up your hands to do other things while it is cooking. You can bake the whole pack at one time. Left overs can be refrigerated and microwaved in seconds.

*** I wrote this before I saw Mavs post. I use a cookie sheet to make mine in ( if you don’t have a cast iron skillet).

i'm getting a bit fed up with all this p.c. crap that we have to put up with.
The Scottish government says it will no longer have gingerbread MEN at meetings.
some militant vegans went into a Waitrose supermarket and totally blocked off the meat freezers.
so on and so forth.
I think they should get a REAL job and join the rest of the population.

i'm getting a bit fed up with all this p.c. crap that we have to put up with.
The Scottish government says it will no longer have gingerbread MEN at meetings.
some militant vegans went into a Waitrose supermarket and totally blocked off the meat freezers.
so on and so forth.
I think they should get a REAL job and join the rest of the population.

I didn't think gingerbread men were 'real' men. I'd call them as generic as possible. No 'man parts' and no 'female parts' evident. Besides, the feminists should enjoy gingerbread men: they can destroy them one bite at a time. I'm sure they would call it sexist if we had gingerbread women... because they come out of the kitchen and get destroyed (eaten) by men!

And for the vegans, I've heard multiple vegans tell hunters to go get their meat at the grocery store where no animals were killed to get the meat (not kidding).

How foolish have we gotten as a society?

Back