Laura Ingalls Wilder's name is set to be removed

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This bothers me on so many levels.

I am a published writer, and I occasionally make money from my work.

Do I have to worry about someone in the future suppressing or censoring my literary work and ideas because they may not fit the current sensitivities?

My work is what's going to survive me after I die. Part of the reason why I write is because it's a kind of immortality.

Is this to be taken away from me posthumously because of political correctness?

Who knows, your work may be insubordinate to the state and be deemed dangerous to learning :-/

This takes the cake!

"Laura Ingalls Wilder's name is set to be removed from a major children's book award after concerns were raised about the "Little House on the Prairie" author's depiction of certain races in the early-to-mid 20th century.

The Association of Library Service to Children's (ALSC) board voted unanimously on Saturday to rename the "Laura Ingalls Wilder Award" as the "Children’s Literature Legacy Award.""

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/2...eotypical-attitudes-in-her-popular-books.html
They equate knowing history as agreeing to what occurred in it. So in their attempt to erase history they will propagate it's repeat. Morons.

Back