Laura Ingalls Wilder's name is set to be removed

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
This takes the cake!

"Laura Ingalls Wilder's name is set to be removed from a major children's book award after concerns were raised about the "Little House on the Prairie" author's depiction of certain races in the early-to-mid 20th century.

The Association of Library Service to Children's (ALSC) board voted unanimously on Saturday to rename the "Laura Ingalls Wilder Award" as the "Children’s Literature Legacy Award.""

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/2...eotypical-attitudes-in-her-popular-books.html

A lot of author from that period described different races the same way she did! Harriet Beechers Uncle Tom's Cabin comes to mind. . . Negro's Life in the Slave Stated of America. Are we going to start taking away all awards won by these past great authors! It's insane!!

You can not just change history and rewrite it. History is how we learn both good and bad lessons in life. Wonder how our great grandkids are going to react when they uncover the truth of our history and they have been lied to for all those years. . .

It does make perfect sense. LHotP ((Little House on the Prairie) is a show from past times that would be inappropriate for children today. Do you know how many times God and Christ as mentioned in every episode? The do not have gays/freaks in the show. There is no sex outside marriage. People work and earn what they have and don't demand the gov't provide for them. You cannot show it in a classroom! So, they declare it extinct.

But truth is truth. Truth always outlives the Lie.

Another couple generations of government school indoctrination, and government controlled media, and anything that depicts hard work, honesty, morals, traditional man/woman/child roles and White culture will be erased forever. We complain to each other but that's about about it. Western (White) culture is on a race to the bottom. In a few more years there won't be anyone left to tell the truth, nor would there be anyone who would care to hear the truth.

These biggetted Libtards are completely out of touch with reallity and dont understand history.
The Leftists absolutely understand history very well. They know exactly what they are doing, and they are winning. Look around, there are very few true Conservatives left. Even Ronald Regan could never get elected again.

re-writing history...they did it in the old Sovjet,prolly in modern China too,it's bloody scary when people "forget" the past,
if I were a conspiracy dude,I would say there's a bigger scheme behind all this..

Just waiting for To Kill A Mocking Bird to be banned.

Few schools already pulled the book and huckleberry finn.

Even Spielberg pulled the original movie E.T. Years later and removed the guns from the cops hands and replaced them with radios, I’m not even sure if you can get the original release anymore.

The Leftists have been scrubbing White American history since the '60's. They started out doing it quietly but since the Clinton regime, and then obama, they've come out in the daylight. They are succeeding while the rest of us just stand by grumbling.

Let us all just read modern books carefully curated for us by our overlords. Books where all people are genderless, mixed raced and disabled and then we can forget all about how horrible humans were in the past and finally bask in the glory of a whole planet of zombie slaves who can't wipe their own arse.

This bothers me on so many levels.

I am a published writer, and I occasionally make money from my work.

Do I have to worry about someone in the future suppressing or censoring my literary work and ideas because they may not fit the current sensitivities?

My work is what's going to survive me after I die. Part of the reason why I write is because it's a kind of immortality.

Is this to be taken away from me posthumously because of political correctness?

Last edited:
Back