Italy's COVID-19 Numbers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Italy now has enough cases of COVID-19 that their numbers should be meaningful statistically. And they paint a pretty grim picture.
Confirmed: 12,462
Deaths: 827
Recoveries: 1,045
First let's use the fatality rate defined the way most people are defining it:
Fatality Rate (Deaths/Confirmed) = 6.6%
Now let's look at the fatality rate among resolved cases:
Deaths/(Deaths+Recoveries) = 38.6%

If you look at deaths by age group the the statistics hold true that it is primarily deadly to those over 60, and far more so the older a person gets. But even in younger people the risk of serious illness requiring hospitalization is higher than the flu.

Just called my brother in Austin, TX. He also thinks this is all too much hype and the Democrats in the US want to bring Trump down with ANYTHING they can find...We are going shopping again, TP and flour are getting rare and the big stores (EDEKA) have all said, "if only one person in our store gets sick, WE WILL CLOSE" keep your eyes open and your back covered...I have 2 cases of positive less than 500 meters from my house...the collegue of my neighbors son and another I don't know...Gary

Italy say average age of deaths is over 80 years. With a very high number of old people living in Italy the deaths are to be expected. It is only sensible they start to sacrifice the elderly and concentrate on helping those most likely to recover. Unfortunately this could have all been avoided if governments had closed everything down before there was a problem and not after. I decided not to wait for my work to shut on advice from the government. I work in childcare where there are always sick children. I tell them I am not coming back until i feel safe. If they don't like it then that is their problem. They will probably shut everything in 2 weeks anyway but by that time it will be too late.

Funny, as I clicked on the highlighted website, I got another down on the bottom of my screen. I tried to click on it, but it disappeared as soon as I left the original thread. I'll try to find it and get it up. GP

Italy say average age of deaths is over 80 years. With a very high number of old people living in Italy the deaths are to be expected. It is only sensible they start to sacrifice the elderly and concentrate on helping those most likely to recover. Unfortunately this could have all been avoided if governments had closed everything down before there was a problem and not after. I decided not to wait for my work to shut on advice from the government. I work in childcare where there are always sick children. I tell them I am not coming back until i feel safe. If they don't like it then that is their problem. They will probably shut everything in 2 weeks anyway but by that time it will be too late.

Very smart Karloshi! If everyone thought and acted as you are, this virus would not have spread like wildfire.

Latest posts

Back