Is it racist if it's true

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely right. I think this crap is for the express purpose of creating racial strife, not ending it.

Thats exactly by design. Progressive Facsist (democractic party) play book. They are real good at what they do, they can fool the most intelligent people. There are so many layers and angles they have to manipulate you into supporting there actions. I was one that was snagged in there web of distortion for a short time in my youth. They have control over so many good people, all of the Democrat party, a fair amount of the Republicans, all they need is one strong emotional issue to get control and that one issue is worth supporting them and you will do so no matter what. Because they brainwash you in believing that the "Ends justify the means". Let them go folks, the Republican party is a much better vehicle to use to express your beliefs and help make a better world.

Doc is 100% right. I have had very similar experiences. Had I been a proper minority (aka black, or something that gets a good 'tick' mark for 'equal opportunity' stuff), I would have easily made 20% more salary. Easily. And promotions would have been laid at my feet. Me being the 'wrong' race has cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars in my past career.

And in the same decades, I've seen incompetent minority employees get promoted far past their abilities all in the name of 'equal opportunity' and far better qualified 'white guys' get ignored because of two reasons: 'white' and 'guy'... now that is true racism and sexism. Reality is that this behavior actually hurts minorities and everyone else. It builds anger, the guy getting over-promoted can't feel good about how he's underperforming, and it doesn't help the company.

How old are you Doreena? Do you have any real world experience? Or just school brain-washing where they do their best to teach you to never think for yourself?
Old enough to be close to retirement... my whole point, though is that it a consideration for a point of view. I am not saying anything more.... in an ideal world there would be a level playing field. Racism does exist and we cannot ignore it. Because of intentional or unintentional racism, I don’t have to fear taking a walk anywhere and people assume I am a criminal. I can drive in any neighborhood WAAAY above my pay scale and not be harassed. I can make cell calls from my back yard and not be shot. If I were in school, I would not be told that my parents were deadbeats and they would be hauled away and I would be an orphan. Too many folks who aren’t in those situations are unaware that they do happen. I am too much of an optimist, i guess, I am always shocked when I read posts from people who have nothing constructive to say except call Michelle Obama a gorilla and say her kids have no right going to college. Let me be clear here, I am not saying this discussion is anything like that. I am just highlighting the unfortunate state of affairs here in the US today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My ancient memory neurons started firing a little and I remembered something from around 1970.

By the late 1960's, the KKK was all but extinct. In Mississippi we had been under "Freedom of Choice" for several years, and although it wasn't progressing to the loony left's expectations, I thought it was working. I can give some examples from my high school, but of course that is just anecdotal and doesn't really prove anything other than what happened in my experience. But I can say that I noticed attitudes were changing and blacks were (albeit sometimes begrudgingly) being accepted into mainstream society. There was not a lot of racial tension that I noticed. And significantly less than just a few years earlier.

Then in 1969, the courts ruled that "Freedom of Choice" was not sufficiently integrating the schools, and did the most idiotic thing I ever heard of. In the middle of my senior year in high school, half of the students had to leave and go to another school. Half the teachers had to leave and go to another school. The courts ruled that we had to IMMEDIATELY change the racial balance in every school - students and teachers alike - to EXACTLY the same racial balance as in the community. Well of course that didn't happen because private schools started popping up like daisies, and the schools became MORE segregated instead of less. This set in motion a chain of events that led to white flight out of the city, creating even more segregation.

This was so disruptive and so idiotic, and enraged so many people, I made a prediction in 1970: "This will bring back the KKK!"

And it did!

You cannot eradicate racism by instituting racist laws. Forced integration, forced diversity employment and education, Any time you empower one group above another group, you will increase hostilities. People are smart and will wipe out racism but only after the government gets out of the way. You level the playing field by saying here is the field, here are the rules, now may the best team (person) win. Not by saying your team has been losing for 10 generations, so we are going to give you a 50 point advantage. See just how stupid the notion of forced integration and quotas are. You want to end racism, treat ALL people the same. As for the comments about driving in expensive vehicle and being stopped or being shot in your own backyard holding a cell phone, got news, it happens all the time to white folks too. Let a white person drive around a black neighborhood and they are going to get stopped and probably by more than just the police.

You cannot lift somebody up by lowering the standards. Went to school with blacks, played football with blacks and the liberals did not do them any favors but lowering the bar. Blacks are not stupid but if you let any kid know that they will pass and move to the next grade, simply because they had a birthday, you have just removed one more incentive for them to excel. Now my incentive was to avoid the seat of my pants from getting warmed up over a bad grade. How is saying I am too stupid to get the grades needed to enter college, so a spot has been reserved for me. Pity the poor dumb black kid, just can't see how that helps. JM2C

Last edited:
No political pary ever offered Me free housing , food , phone , utilities . As far as being profiled by the Police I know Cops that hope never to get a call where the perp is a Minority because it could cost Them Their job or legal proceedings. I have had a couple of reasons in the past few years to walk into a Government ran facilities and always the same thing , some over paid under worked liberal that is as nice as can be and has plenty of time for Hispanics and Blacks but a White Male comes up and its just short blunt comments or questions a d puffing and blowing . Thats not a reflection on Blacks or Hispanics its a reflection on progressives. I have more than respect for Working self sufficient Families of any race or back ground but I despise political correctness .

Just curious.

I know I'm an outlier, but where do I fit into this?
Dirt poor, childhood runaway, literally lived in a crackhouse. Corner kid, mule, all that.

So the reason I was able to finish high school, and keep clean enough to join the Military and get out before I OD'd or got shot (and in case you think I'm exaggerating, Jeff and Kurt OD'd, Kurt while I was sitting there, Ben got shot, 3 times in the head on a bad drug deal) was because I am... White.

Herschel (black) lived 3 blocks away. Never an arrest, never used drugs, off to college. Dad was a pharmacist, if I remember correctly?

You can walk safely, Doreena, and no offense here, because of where you live and the police presence.
I can take you 2 hours from where I live to a place where you will 100% be robbed and probably raped before you make it a mile. Because it happens there, all the time.

It happens here, and Madison ain't bad. A very liberal, mixed community. Same school, same financial situation, black dropout rate, pushing 50%.
It's cultural.
I stayed in school, and you bet allowances where made because of my situation. I missed a lot of school. I got in fights because sometimes, I just smelled bad. Lol, that's the truth, I wish it wasn't. I didn't like it being rubbed in my face.

People make a choice, to fight through it, or go the easy route, and sling dope on the corner. White, black, whatever, people make choices, and from my perspective, they make informed choices.
Being white is a good thing in the USA. No doubt. But you can still F it up. And being black has some disadvantages. But you can still win out.
It all seems pretty equal to me.

Old enough to be close to retirement... my whole point, though is that it a consideration for a point of view. I am not saying anything more.... in an ideal world there would be a level playing field. Racism does exist and we cannot ignore it. Because of intentional or unintentional racism, I don’t have to fear taking a walk anywhere and people assume I am a criminal. I can drive in any neighborhood WAAAY above my pay scale and not be harassed. I can make cell calls from my back yard and not be shot. If I were in school, I would not be told that my parents were deadbeats and they would be hauled away and I would be an orphan. Too many folks who aren’t in those situations are unaware that they do happen. I am too much of an optimist, i guess, I am always shocked when I read posts from people who have nothing constructive to say except call Michelle Obama a gorilla and say her kids have no right going to college. Let me be clear here, I am not saying this discussion is anything like that. I am just highlighting the unfortunate state of affairs here in the US today.

All you do is spew the liberal talking points Doreena. Is there "racism" in the US? Absolutely. And it mostly comes from non-Whites and liberals. If you truly want a "level playing field" fine. Cut out ALL race based incentives, quotas and affirmative action programs. Then the most qualified candidate would get the job and promotion. But then that would be a Conservative idea and won't fit in the liberals agenda.
Quit making excuses for those that want to blame their own lack of motivation on others that do apply themselves.
Also, if you really want to see some true racism, just do a little traveling. Go spend some time in the Middle East, visit most any shithole African country, go to China or Philippines. I lived and worked in many countries around the world. I've had employees killed just because they came from the wrong tribe. No, there is no racism in the US that comes close to what it's like in other countries. This notion of racism here in the US is a joke that is constantly brought up by liberals and Democrats to keep the non Whites stupid and controllable, votes = power and money.

All you do is spew the liberal talking points Doreena. Is there "racism" in the US? Absolutely. And it mostly comes from non-Whites and liberals. If you truly want a "level playing field" fine. Cut out ALL race based incentives, quotas and affirmative action programs. Then the most qualified candidate would get the job and promotion. But then that would be a Conservative idea and won't fit in the liberals agenda.
Quit making excuses for those that want to blame their own lack of motivation on others that do apply themselves.
Also, if you really want to see some true racism, just do a little traveling. Go spend some time in the Middle East, visit most any shithole African country, go to China or Philippines. I lived and worked in many countries around the world. I've had employees killed just because they came from the wrong tribe. No, there is no racism in the US that comes close to what it's like in other countries. This notion of racism here in the US is a joke that is constantly brought up by liberals and Democrats to keep the non Whites stupid and controllable, votes = power and money.
I have traveled. I have drunk from the “wrong” fountain in South Africa. I have seen condescension and contempt for local people from awful tourists. I have visited South and Central America, Europe, and Africa. And the Caribbean. In the late 60s and 70s. Never was comfortable there because of these horrible actions and the disparity of classes. No, I didn’t live there, but my sis did in So America.

One final thought on racism Doreena; try turning off CNN, MSNBC, NPR, FB, Twitter/Tweaker or whatever, and even Fox for awhile. You'll soon start seeing that things really aren't that bad. And then concern yourself with only yourself and quit worrying about others.
I wasn’t talking about anything but a point a view. That is what I was taught from history class. Understand all points of view. I have witnessed first hand racism standing on one side. I don’t think I have mentioned any particular “talking points” from anyone. Mentioned Snippets of news that isn’t contested (covered by multiple sources) ??

my whole point, though is that it a consideration for a point of view. I am not saying anything more.... in an ideal world there would be a level playing field

Now Doreena, making a statement like that... isn't that the equivalent of lighting a firecracker, tossing it, and walking away saying you had nothing to do with it. Don't try playing innocent!

Effectively, the greatest evidence of racism in the US is in equal opportunity employment and affirmative action baloney. By and far. The KKK doesn't do 0.01% of the amount of racism that AA/EOE do every day. Another example, blacks say 'n------' to one another 100 times more than whites say it to blacks on any day of the year. Does it make it right? Nope. But can you point out one white guy who says it in anger when 100 black guys have just said it to each other? And if you can't see this, you're blind to it.

So to say racism is a problem today is the same as saying slavery and the black plague are a problem today. They're not extinct, but it's not enough of a problem to deserve 1% of the attention it gets. And, it's biggest problem is gov't activities.

A true story. A friend of a friend had a business with 50-100 employees. Note, this is 20+ years ago. The local NAACP group had a 'meeting' with him. More of a blackmail meeting, they told him 32% of the local community was black and he had to have 32% black employees or they were going to go after him. He told them to put it in writing and come back in a week. A week later he told them he had to fire 4 black guys and hire 4 white guys to get to their 32% number. They hee'd and haw'd, but he kicked them out & told them not to come back because he had their demands in writing. That's what much of real racism looks like today, Jessie Jackson style.

You can't understand all points of view. A guy who grew up a member of a lower class in Mumbai? I'll never "get" what that's like. A whole different set of experiences in life.
I guess I feel like it's not my job to care. Those were his circumstances.
I shouldn't be forced to care about him or his lot in life, terrific or terrible.
And, I shouldn't be pushed to feel like somehow his tough existence is my fault, cause my skin is 3 shades lighter than his. It's not the sacred duty of white people to fix things for other races. That kind of thinking went away with Colonial empires. At least, I thought it did.
And if "white privilege" does exist, in some form? I guess I got lucky? Is there really any reason I can't just enjoy my good luck, and live my life? How come I gotta feel guilty about it?
Not too long ago my wife's friend brought this up. She said I don't even know how privileged I am.
I do, though. I've been around the world a bit too, and definitely seen things that made me thankfull I am a white American.
Im not gonna feel guilty and creepy just because I was born into circumstances that allowed me to be a little successful in life.
Lucky me.

She said I don't even know how privileged I am.

Yup. It's always amazing how much 'privilege' comes from working your butt off, day in, day out. In rain or shine.

Well, when you compare it to someone who barely survives collecting welfare & food stamps.

Sadly, which of the two above really is the 'privileged' one!

White privilege my ###. Am I considered "privileged" because I was able to "retire" 10-12 years before the official government retirement date? Or was it because I chose to work my ### off over the last 40 years, sacrificed, did without and made smart investment choices? Rather than sitting on my butt with a chip on my shoulder, smoking crack, drinking malt liquor, collecting welfare and crying about my lack of opportunities. No, we all have the same opportunities in this country. Some have fallen for this racism and victim BS and use it as a crutch. None of us in this country are guaranteed success. Life is what we all make out of it.
Maybe instead of excuses and accepting mediocrity, the bar should be raised for certain demographics.....

Yup. It's always amazing how much 'privilege' comes from working your butt off, day in, day out. In rain or shine.

Well, when you compare it to someone who barely survives collecting welfare & food stamps.

Sadly, which of the two above really is the 'privileged' one!
Sounds like you are equating race with welfare and food stamps, but there are much more white folks on these programs. Let me know if you want links to statistics. Apparently the folks in Appalachia are a good part of the recipients.

You can't understand all points of view. A guy who grew up a member of a lower class in Mumbai? I'll never "get" what that's like. A whole different set of experiences in life.
I guess I feel like it's not my job to care. Those were his circumstances.
I shouldn't be forced to care about him or his lot in life, terrific or terrible.
And, I shouldn't be pushed to feel like somehow his tough existence is my fault, cause my skin is 3 shades lighter than his. It's not the sacred duty of white people to fix things for other races. That kind of thinking went away with Colonial empires. At least, I thought it did.
And if "white privilege" does exist, in some form? I guess I got lucky? Is there really any reason I can't just enjoy my good luck, and live my life? How come I gotta feel guilty about it?
Not too long ago my wife's friend brought this up. She said I don't even know how privileged I am.
I do, though. I've been around the world a bit too, and definitely seen things that made me thankfull I am a white American.
Im not gonna feel guilty and creepy just because I was born into circumstances that allowed me to be a little successful in life.
Lucky me.
You make some good points, and you don’t need to feel guilty about your life of hard work!

Latest posts

Back