I'm in the moment in the Forest .. Mushroom picking

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selivan

Banned
Reaction score
Today is July 22, 2020.
IMG_20200722_141258.jpg

The weather is good for picking mushrooms. -
-----
I live near the Forest.
I just went and picked the mushrooms.

IMG_20200722_140716.jpg

IMG_20200722_141247.jpg

this is one thing I like, free tasty food,fresh air,nature around you,oddly,this is something not done so much in the western parts of my country.

I served in the Border Troops 1985-1987 Border - USSR - Finland, Lotta region, Rayakoski ..
. -----
there are a lot of mushrooms in that area, as well as blаскberries and blueberries.
---
by the way,
I am on the paternal side - Finn and Norwegian, on the maternal side - Udmurt. one line - Finno-Ugric

yes, the eastern part has alot of mushrooms and they are picked too,now with this virus thing, one postive thing about it, people pick berries very much,so much that we had 85 cases yesterday of people getting lost, that's what happens when city people go out into the unfamiliar woods 😂

my dad took us boys every fall to his favourite mushroom places.
and camping too.

Decades ago, a biologist walked through our woods and picked a mess of mushrooms and made a huge pot of sauteed mushrooms. For many years I wondered what kind of mushrooms those were. They were better than any kind of store bought mushroom.

Then a few years ago my brother in law told me about picking chanterelles in the woods when it was hot a few days after a rain, so the next time the conditions were right I picked a mess.

MYSTERY SOLVED!

yes, the eastern part has alot of mushrooms and they are picked too,now with this virus thing, one postive thing about it, people pick berries very much,so much that we had 85 cases yesterday of people getting lost, that's what happens when city people go out into the unfamiliar woods 😂

my dad took us boys every fall to his favourite mushroom places.
and camping too.
It is very strange...
Finns have forgotten Nokia N8 with Symbian platform. ah-ah, what a good device it was .. This device is very old, but it still works for me ..
It does not update geographic maps, as the software support has ended.
but you are in the Forest.
what can change in the Forest? Geographic Maps?
-----
okay..
take with you another device that supports gps (but not a-gps !!!)
----------
Finns don't know what a compass is and how to walk in azimuth?
besides, I doubt that the Finns don’t use an analogue wristwatch to determine your position in the forest ..
It's funny ..

=====
now the most basic thing that a Scandinavian, Finn and Udmurt should know
:cool:
. ----
pagan god
- Scandinavians - Odin,
- Finns - Ilmarinen
- Udmrt - Inmar
--------
He is the Boss of the Forest.
Therefore..
- when you enter the Forest, you must ask the Boss of the Forest for permission.
- when you leave the Forest, then you should thank the Boss of the Forest.
-----
If you do this, you will never get lost.
in addition, the Boss of the Forest will give you mushrooms, berries, he will not bother you and frighten you ..
-------
You may take this as a joke, but old people believe.
I also believe and the Boss of the Forest helps me.

Chanterelles, YUM YUM!
I haven't picked any this year yet.
mushrooms "chanterelles", in Russia, are mainly loved by city residents, as well as women and children. They fry them with potatoes in vegetable oil ..
;)
------
Rural and serious men prefer the "white mushroom". This mushroom is for soup. Unforgettable aroma and taste.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boletus_edulis
these mushrooms in my photo

mushrooms "chanterelles", in Russia, are mainly loved by city residents, as well as women and children. They fry them with potatoes in vegetable oil ..

So you are saying it's not "manly" to eat chanterelles?
No worries, my manhood is not that fragile that eating a mushroom would damage it. LOL

So you are saying it's not "manly" to eat chanterelles?
No worries, my manhood is not that fragile that eating a mushroom would damage it. LOL
American guy offended ..:(
want to know what mushrooms Russians and Finns eat with vodka?

Last edited:
what I've learnt,always be grateful of what the forrest gives you and treat it with respect.

I use a compass,might not be the star pupil in orienteering,but never been lost and it's always good to remember peculiar landmarks, odd looking trees and that sort.

Latest posts

Back