I am new to prepping , Where should I start?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all, Welcome!!
I have read all of this thread. I commend the fact you are here and willing to learn to keep yourself and family safe. With that in mind I will put in my 2 cents.....
Unless you have a place to go plan on staying where you know. If you dont you WILL become a refugee. Bugging out is not a weekend camping trip. If you go to "the country", where exactly are you going? You will be displaced like all the others running around looking for a place to go. The property owners wont let you squat when you show up. The only reason to leave your place is because you absolutely have to. Even then part of prepping is coming up with a plan as to where you will go, what you will need to get there and how you will transport it.
With that being said, ask questions! We are here to help....

First of all, Welcome!!
I have read all of this thread. I commend the fact you are here and willing to learn to keep yourself and family safe. With that in mind I will put in my 2 cents.....
Unless you have a place to go plan on staying where you know. If you dont you WILL become a refugee. Bugging out is not a weekend camping trip. If you go to "the country", where exactly are you going? You will be displaced like all the others running around looking for a place to go. The property owners wont let you squat when you show up. The only reason to leave your place is because you absolutely have to. Even then part of prepping is coming up with a plan as to where you will go, what you will need to get there and how you will transport it.
With that being said, ask questions! We are here to help....
Yeah I was saying I dont have a place but I want to relocate now by buying a home and property in the country . I will stay put if I have no where to go but I think I am going to talk with a friend of mine and my brother and see what we can come up with for a bug out location in case I have not been able o relocate yet! But thank you for your advice !! everyone is so nice on here!!

If you can get out of the place you are in now and into a new one with only one payment, go for it!

Ugh. I hate payments. It's good that you are ready to do something to keep your family safe.

It is stressful with what's at stake. Not sure where you live but property values are way different all over. For instance I moved to Indiana with 25000 in my pocket thought I'd get a place in the country. Then I priced it and that would get me about an acre. Back home in Oklahoma I could have found a 10 acre plot for the same 25000. Other places may be even less. Just have to shop around. Take one thing at a time or you're head will explode. I will write out a list of things to do and just pick one. If I think of something else I put it on the list but finish what I started first. Helps me not get overwhelmed by trying to multitask myself insane.

It is stressful with what's at stake. Not sure where you live but property values are way different all over. For instance I moved to Indiana with 25000 in my pocket thought I'd get a place in the country. Then I priced it and that would get me about an acre. Back home in Oklahoma I could have found a 10 acre plot for the same 25000. Other places may be even less. Just have to shop around. Take one thing at a time or you're head will explode. I will write out a list of things to do and just pick one. If I think of something else I put it on the list but finish what I started first. Helps me not get overwhelmed by trying to multitask myself insane.
I am going to do just that!! Thank you very much!

Latest posts

Back