Hi all, sorry I've been away a while...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
But after our son's death, I kind of took a break from anything prepping related, and just focused on family. It's been a difficult few months, in many ways. And though it hasn't changed my stance on guns, having my son shoot himself with one of them is a difficult thing to get through.

It was obvious he's tried for a while to try and get to the guns, which I keep locked up, trigger locks, etc. but with determination, he got past that. If he didn't, he would have used a knife (or jumped off a bridge, something he was then institutionalized for 2 months for, afterwards)...so it wasn't the tool to blame.

Anyhow, as I've stated before...folks have to be complete idiots, when they see these mass shootings a day apart, in different states, where it is obvious these guys were planning such crimes at the SAME exact time....to think it is just a coincidence. Yet, here we are, with the "normal" people trying to say such a theory is "crazy". No. Assuming this is just some astronomical, statistical anomaly is what is crazy. Then, you have social media sites with an alleged agenda, that were obviously recently cooked up profiles...and it just is infuriating to see folks stick to their closely held dogma. Oh well, can't wake up everyone.

Anyhow, I wanted to let all know I'm physically well, no health problem or anything, just was focusing on family, not prepping. I feel like I'm just out of it still. Hell, we had a near tropical storm and I didn't even do my normal storm preps. Though, to be honest, it takes at least a Cat 2 to really make me worry, after the direct hit from Irma not too long ago.

Just felt the need to pop back on in the wake of all of these, as I was one of the loudest voices to say I told you so. Though honestly, I would have much preferred to be proven wrong on all counts. Much would have preferred that....

FYI, our son has always had these challenges, ever since he was a toddler. There were a lot of reasons my wife, his biological mother, didn't have custody, that I'd rather not get all into, no fault of hers, just that he needed certain things. He seemed to be doing so well, even out on his own (he was in his 20's), but he had a few disasters one after the other, and just couldn't cope, despite having a safe place here to come home to. (and he did come home, with no worries, and no responsibilities, to heal, etc. and get back on his feet), but it obviously just wasn't enough.

Gaz. . . you have been missed, but I am sure I can speak for all of us here that we can fully understand your absences. Have no worries that any of us would lend a shoulder to cry on when needed, or just an ear to listen. I have no idea what it means to loose a loved child,. . . only a parent. . . . I can only imagine a child would be ten times worse. I know after loosing dad I focused on family more because that is what my heart needed at that time too. It was almost like I was living in tunnel vision. Sometimes just 'living' day after day. . . .BIG hug (sorry in real life I am a hugger) to you and your wife.

Welcome back Gaz. I am fairly new to this site so this will be a new name for you.

I can really appreciate what you are going through. My oldest son is also going thru a rough period. He called and told me he had to get away from where he was (the area where he grew up) and away from his biological mother. I and my current wife, invited him in and provided him a place to heal. Biggest thing, he is a long way away from all the old "bad" influences. This week, he started a new job (fairly high paying) that has a future. He has stated many times how great it is to be in a positive environment with positive influences. He has gotten to know my neighbors and with all their positive influences. I expect he will bounce back and create a positive life, this time. He really had no choice, he was out of options. I just wish he had gotten to me earlier but, as he has explained several times, he was just too embarrassed to admit what a mess he had created in his life. And, he is not blaming anyone else. He has faced the truth.

Glad your back friend, we all need sometime "our own time".

what's it with our boys? my oldest got divorced and has been with me for the last month,along with two dogs, nice having company,but I'm glad he found
his new place for him and the dogs.

Our daughter came back home to live. At least for a while. They always want the freedom of leaving, then realize all they do is work to pay for rent and food... Oh well, at least it gave her some time to get over this thing too. She was very close to her brother, and they were on the outs at the time.

Latest posts

Back