Here we go AGAIN " Have you got any spare...........

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to Costco yesterday in Portland and there was a large crowd by the toilet paper pallets. It was seriously flying off the pallets. I was doing a head count and a tp count and it wasn't looking good from my position in the back, so I started coughing loudly without covering my face. It was like Moses parting the Red Sea. Sure I got some nasty looks, but I also got the tp I needed for my regular supply. I even grabbed a second bundle just because they were so pitiful. I have been getting tired of always being the go to guy for a few years. Seems nobody ever gives back. Strange how people are oyur friend as long as you say yes, then when you say no they act like you are an a hole. With this COVID 19 issue I started thinking and wanted to ask you guys..

Say it starts getting bad here in the states and major cities are quarantined, supplies stop coming, food is scarce... What do you do when people you know, who know you have supplies, start showing up asking for refuge? Serious question, consider it before posting. I feel like I cannot trust anyone under those circumstances in my home, especially with a hot wife to protect. So, seems someone has to go, now, so they don't snipe me in my yard later and try to just move in.

Same thing was happening in Vancouver Wa at the two costco's they have.

I have plenty of family to help support and a few close friends, even now without a crisis. . . . . Now if I had some acquaintances from work show up, I would send them away without any problem. Strangers around here would be turned out too.

Last edited:
Thanks Kate. It IS a weird place. I AM the farm with the big house, garden, shop, shooting range... so, if people come all the way out here, it's not like they will want to go back if I tell them to "hit the road". I almost deleted my post, but I guess I do want to hear from others who get it.
If you're at the point where they are refusing to leave, and not people you would trust to contribute (rather than be a drain on resources) you have to do what's best for your family. If the others can't be persuaded to leave you alone, then other measures may be necessary. I hope it doesn't come down to that. But if someone's bug-out plan is go to a random acquaintances (or stranger's) farm and hope to mooch off of them (or their stuff after killing them). . . it means they had no plan at all, and most probably no plans to contribute in any meaningful way. Even if they don't have family living in a good area that they can go live with, there are plenty of plans better than that.
Will someone please tell me what Kates name means then??
Is my name not self-explanatory? I go by Kate, and my last name starts with an M. I'm from Texas. I only commented on @Helen Back name because I first thought it was someone named Helen, until I looked at it again.

Ok, if it’s you, it’s a neat picture, almost apocalyptic looking, but you really shouldn’t ever post pictures of yourself on line.

Back