Guilty or not?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasFreedom

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...years-beating-man-death-protect-daughter.html

I'm curious how others here view the father in the article. Basically a guy tried to get into the bathroom stall that his 16 year old daughter was in, dad confronted the guy, the guy threw the first punch, then dad beat & stomped the thug, who later died in the hospital. Dad 40 y.o., thug was 27 y.o.

If you were on the jury, what level of guilt would you propose?

I'll reserve my comments until a few of you have had a chance to comment.

Father screwed up. He was not protecting his daughters, the action in the bathroom had already happen. He might of been attempting to prevent the suspect from fleeing but went way over board. He failed to stop beating the suspect once that person was no longer resisting. I can understand the feeling a father would have for his daughter but that also does not eliminate the need to control your actions. Even if he had been outside the bathroom when the suspect had tried to break into the stall, the father would still have been legally required to show some restraint or at least demonstrate a level of "Temporary Insanity". After the fact in the parking lots, was way too late. Feel bad for the family.

Not sure I could judge this one either. Father was justified up to a point. Once the thug was suppressed, then it should have stopped. But, I am not sure where the line should be drawn. If the father was charged with "Murder" in any degree, I would vote "Not Guilty". If charged with a lesser crime (man slaughter?) then I would need more facts because the father did push it too far. He was justified when it started but went too far.

Hate to be in his shoes tho. I think he will be a little hero in prison and get out early on good behavior. Watch the news for us Urbanprep, you are the one closest to the hotspot...GP

Hate to be in his shoes tho. I think he will be a little hero in prison and get out early on good behavior. Watch the news for us Urbanprep, you are the one closest to the hotspot...GP

Will do if it gets publicized. Being released is not headline making, is I doubt it will be reported.

I sympathize with someone beating an attempted rapist and pedophile to death, but I can't condone it.

We have laws and a legal system for a reason. I could argue that a framework of law is the only thing that holds civilization together, but that's beyond the scope of a forum post.

Once we decide that the law applies to everyone else except us, we start getting into trouble.

The jury is who decides the guilt/not guilty decision. If I were on the jury, I'd make sure the ruling would have a max prison sentence under a year. Yes, he's guilty of something (not murder). And yes he should pay a penance for it. But as others have said, he just took it too far. I'm good with him getting 5 years probation, and just a little prison (if any) time. There is no 'lesson' for him to learn. He's not a threat to society. He's a dad, a concerned good dad. Prison takes him away from that most important job.

I heard someone ( a black woman) ask what was the most important asset in a black church? She answered her own question: a black man with a job. Well over half of black babies don't even survive to be born. Of those who survive, not even half have a 'dad' in the home. Locking up this man would be the real crime.

I would like to know more about what really happened. Were there more witnesses or only the father and daughter. Did the guy have a stomach issue and just run up to the stall needing to go before loosing it in his pants? I tend to be suspicious of quick, partial bits of information in one story I see. The article was from the daily mail, which is on par with our national inquirer. Both tend to slant stories for maximum drama. So, while sad, I can’t say an opinion without more facts. That’s where a trial is supposed to have the details of a real investigation brought to light.

Heard today that a man in Iowa was sentenced to 5 years for burning a LGBTQ flag.

Unbelievable . If he had burned an American flag , he would be celebrated .

This has gone too far. I've seen pics of people pooping on the flag and no consequence.

Maybe some of these judges being appointed will start following the rule of law instead of social opinions.

No way in hell, he can be sentenced for that. Has to be fake news
It wasn't the fact that he burned a flag. It was that he stole it and burned it in a reckless manner, which was legally considered arson and theft. Then they added the "hate crime" because of what he was burning. So 15 years was a little ridiculous but he certainly committed a crime.

Latest posts

Back