Great pearls of wisdom :)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself.

Mark Twain

We contend that for a nation to try and tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.

Winston Churchill

A Government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw.

A Liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, a debt he proposes to pay off with your money.

Democracy must be something more than just two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

James Bovard.

Foreign Aid can be defined as a transfer from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.

Douglas Casey.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

PJ O'Rourke.

I dont make jokes I just watch the government then report the facts.

Will Rogers

If you think healthcare is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when its free.

P J O'Rourke

If you want government to intervene domestically, you are a Liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas you are a Conservative. If you want the government to intervene everywhere, you are a moderate. But if you dont want the government to intervene anywhere , you're an extremist.

Joseph Sobran

just because you dont take an interest in politics does'nt mean politics wont take an interest in you.

Pericles 430BC

No mans life, liberty or property are safe whilst the legislature is in session

Mark Twain

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan

Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers.

George R.R. Martin

I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician

Charlie Chaplin

Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either.

Gore Vidal

Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures".”

Robin Williams

If politicians stopped meddling with things they don't understand, there would be a more drastic reduction in the size of government than anyone in either party advocates.

Thomas Sowell

But then, he thought, most politicians are small and shabby, the sort of people who have been bullied at school.
That's why they become politicians.

Anthony Horowitz

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson

Look at the orators in our republics; as long as they are poor, both state and people can only praise their uprightness; but once they are fattened on the public funds, they conceive a hatred for justice, plan intrigues against the people and attack the democracy.

Aristophanes

Last edited:
Back