Gardening 2024

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Per Marjorie, raising meat animals produces more food per calories burned. David and her also discuss all the farmers in Maine who were tricked into accepting FREE fertilizer from the government a couple of years ago…and now they’ve all been shut down, because their farms are contaminated!!

“It’s almost like we are going to have to all become “gorilla backyard meat producers”.

1711455472170.png

It’s well worth watching as it gives you advice on how to continue to grow and raise your own food. IT WILL BECOME VERY NECESSARY FOLKS!

Anyone else got into their gardens and planted? Yesterday I cleaned out and prepped some more beds. Then planted some additional peas directly into the ground. My transplants I put out aren’t taking off. :( Next year I think I will just plant them in the ground early instead of starting them in the greenhouse. Not sure it if it me or if peas just don’t transplant well? Also managed to get a bunch of carrot seed planted. Hoping the storm last night didn’t wash them away!

Anyone else got into their gardens and planted? Yesterday I cleaned out and prepped some more beds. Then planted some additional peas directly into the ground. My transplants I put out aren’t taking off. :( Next year I think I will just plant them in the ground early instead of starting them in the greenhouse. Not sure it if it me or if peas just don’t transplant well? Also managed to get a bunch of carrot seed planted. Hoping the storm last night didn’t wash them away!
Starting mine this weekend. My Granddaughter was here the other day and helped rake the yard to get the tiller out. Putting our new greenhouse together also, I hope.
Storms did roll in last night but weren't as bad as they said they were going to be, Thank God!

We have quite a bit of variety of veggies going in greenhouse ready to move and starting to transplant into the raised beds. Larry just transplanted peas into garden earlier this week and few other things. We've been getting fresh variety of lettuce out of garden for over a month now. I'll be out in garden this weekend to help get more transplanted, Larry can only do small amounts at a time. I want to get more fruit trees and berry plants. I may take cple days off next week and get some more stuff done outside. Using the rabbitt poo has helped tremendously (at least I think that's what has helped) this year. Everything so far seems to be off to great start.

Starting mine this weekend. My Granddaughter was here the other day and helped rake the yard to get the tiller out. Putting our new greenhouse together also, I hope.
Storms did roll in last night but weren't as bad as they said they were going to be, Thank God!

Cool! Greenhouses are so valuable to have! What type did you get? A high tunnel or regular one? Only asking because I purchased a high tunnel last fall because I don’t have enough room in my regular wood built greenhouse. I’ve added onto my growing vegetable year round and that took up too much space because of citrus fruit trees I have in there for winter. It does appear I lost a lemon tree though.

Cindy, there is zero doubt the Rabbit Poo did it!! People sell that stuff. It isn’t known as the Best fertilizer for nothing! 🐇 How are your Kits growing?

We had to rewrap the greenhouse this year from storm damage. Larry put netting over the new plastic (not sure why). Anyway, had a visitor today...looking from it from outside it appears to have gotten trapped in the netting on top. A week ago larry put his hand down in potting soil bag and grabbed one that was hiding down inside the bag. He killed that one (garden snake). He leaves the garden hose pulled in so door won't close..aarggh.

Attachments

• 20240407_132422.jpg
    20240407_132422.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
I bought a new rototiller last week and did the garden. It rained a bit and now the weather is getting warm fast. We hit 87°F /30°C today. Set up the watering pump from the well today, watered everything for the first time this year. Planted two new grape plants, two oleanders, a palm tree and the banana is coming back up after the winter sleep. Potatos and onions are going in the next few days, although we wanted to let the garden have a year off....still not happy how the world is developing and want more garden and self-sufficient food coming.
She wants to go shopping on Wed. at the open market and get peppers, tomatos and cucumbers in the ground.

Yeah, the snake on top is dead..got hooked up in the mesh...we got lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, beans, peas, cukes set out..here is a few (one end of raised bed) with variety of lettuce, tomatoes, and few other things out..bald spots, I've pulled lettuce out..we have more out in other raised beds and in greenhouse, and containers, but too many pics to post...lol....boring! I'm sure others gsrdens are way better than ours....

Attachments

• 20240407_132329.jpg
    20240407_132329.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Cool! Greenhouses are so valuable to have! What type did you get? A high tunnel or regular one? Only asking because I purchased a high tunnel last fall because I don’t have enough room in my regular wood built greenhouse. I’ve added onto my growing vegetable year round and that took up too much space because of citrus fruit trees I have in there for winter. It does appear I lost a lemon tree though.

Cindy, there is zero doubt the Rabbit Poo did it!! People sell that stuff. It isn’t known as the Best fertilizer for nothing! 🐇 How are your Kits growing?
Call me stupid but what is a high tunnel? The one I have is pretty much shaped like a house. It's a walk in with 3 or 4 shelves per side, your choice on how many.
We didn't get it put up yet, hopefully today, supposed to rain, again, Tuesday and Wednesday. Been spending all weekend cutting grass, weed eating, picking up limbs (non human), etc and hurting!

picking up limbs (non human), etc and hurting!

🤣 😆 You cracked me up!

You have a regular greenhouse. High Tunnels are normally larger and they are heavy plastic with wood or metal frames.

Here’s a random YT showing a High Tunnel. This is similar to what I purchased, but mine isn’t as large.

1712570293044.png

I'm starting to get worried about my gardens this year. There is no way I can plant with this amount of pain. Getting worse every day too. I have my MRI tomorrow and hopefully will get an answer and some help.

I got a notice from insurance that they approved the mri for my hip, knee and ankle. Ummmm, the pain is my hip and thigh. Does the Doctor know more than I do or am I having an expensive test that isn't the correct one.

I'm going to mention my concerns tomorrow prior to the mri.

I'm know I complain a lot, but this started on January 19th and is getting worse not better.

Latest posts

Back