Gardening 2022

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary, I'm new and it's none of my business, so feel free to tell me to bug off, but may I ask is that where you are originally from?
Born in Ok, moved to TX at 8, then to CA till 17 and left home with a 110 lb. backpack and went from CA, to AZ, To NM, To OK and back to TX till I joined the Army and was already in Germany at 19. I consider TX my home of choice and last address in the US. Two brothers still there, nieces and nephews also. Been in Europe since 1978 and Hungary now at my BOL since 2020.
I can drive to Rumania, Chech Republic, Austria, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia and Slovakia within 2 hours.

Born in Ok, moved to TX at 8, then to CA till 17 and left home with a 110 lb. backpack and went from CA, to AZ, To NM, To OK and back to TX till I joined the Army and was already in Germany at 19. I consider TX my home of choice and last address in the US. Two brothers still there, nieces and nephews also. Been in Europe since 1978 and Hungary now at my BOL since 2020.
I can drive to Rumania, Chech Republic, Austria, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia and Slovakia within 2 hours.
Wow. That is awesome. You've been all over the place!

I drove flatbeds and drybox trucks from Texas up to Canada over to NY and down to Florida. I have driven trucks and busses in Europe from Sweden and Norway, over to Poland, down to Croatia and Bosnia, over to Italy and Spain, over to England and Wales. Except for Portugal and Denmark, I have driven in every nation in Western Europe.
I can speak 4 languages, understand another 5 and could get along in any nation with english anyway as the younger generation generally loves the US. Europe is greatly divisive with their history of wars, but, if you get into each new land, get to know the people, they are generally all very friendly and a excellent guest givers. Diversive culinary recipes, great homemade foods and alcholic drinks and beautiful scenery are everywhere here.
It is especially fun to see older cities with their thousand year history and older persons who are still tilling the land, keeping animals the same way for generations. It is not unusual to see men and women still gardening, slaughtering, baking and cooking the same way it has been done for hundreds of years around here and they are in their 80s and 90s. Going to a well to get water and taking it back home is not unusual.
Last year we heard of one of the neighbors who did not have the money to get his female pig (sow) inseminated the normal way since he needed piglets for the next year...so he took her out and tied her to a tree in the nearby woods and let WILD boars mount her to get her pregnant....it worked and he was happy.
Business as usual.

I drove flatbeds and drybox trucks from Texas up to Canada over to NY and down to Florida. I have driven trucks and busses in Europe from Sweden and Norway, over to Poland, down to Croatia and Bosnia, over to Italy and Spain, over to England and Wales. Except for Portugal and Denmark, I have driven in every nation in Western Europe.
I can speak 4 languages, understand another 5 and could get along in any nation with english anyway as the younger generation generally loves the US. Europe is greatly divisive with their history of wars, but, if you get into each new land, get to know the people, they are generally all very friendly and a excellent guest givers. Diversive culinary recipes, great homemade foods and alcholic drinks and beautiful scenery are everywhere here.
It is especially fun to see older cities with their thousand year history and older persons who are still tilling the land, keeping animals the same way for generations. It is not unusual to see men and women still gardening, slaughtering, baking and cooking the same way it has been done for hundreds of years around here and they are in their 80s and 90s. Going to a well to get water and taking it back home is not unusual.
Last year we heard of one of the neighbors who did not have the money to get his female pig (sow) inseminated the normal way since he needed piglets for the next year...so he took her out and tied her to a tree in the nearby woods and let WILD boars mount her to get her pregnant....it worked and he was happy.
Business as usual.

My Mother's family had a large castle in Poland back in the 1500's. When I visited what was left of it, I ran my fingers through the finger grooves left by the person who made the original brick...I could almost feel them. I have run my hands over Roman walls in London and Stonehenge...Scottish castles and Pictish sites. The depth of European history is amazing.

My Mother's family had a large castle in Poland back in the 1500's. When I visited what was left of it, I ran my fingers through the finger grooves left by the person who made the original brick...I could almost feel them. I have run my hands over Roman walls in London and Stonehenge...Scottish castles and Pictish sites. The depth of European history is amazing.

That's awesome. I have a relative that is a Lubienski.

That's awesome. I have a relative that is a Lubienski.

I have a distant relative that is also a Lubienski, Potocki...lots of -skis and -skas. In the early days, they tended to marry within their clans (multiple families shared the same coat of arms). Every once in a while there was a cross over in an alliance.

I have a distant relative that is also a Lubienski, Potocki...lots of -skis and -skas. In the early days, they tended to marry within their clans (multiple families shared the same coat of arms). Every once in a while there was a cross over in an alliance.

I had a feeling we was cousins. My relative is by marriage and holds the title of Countess.

Here is a pic ofmy Meyer Lemon with 6 little lemons on one limb. I am surprised.

Attachments

• 20221102_104126.jpg
    20221102_104126.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Planted a 30 ft row of peas last week and they are already coming up, I am afraid they might freeze...
Planted two 30 rows of garlic and heaped the dirt high over them to keep them cool from the sun and warm from the winter coming. They will come up sometime in Feb and can be harvested around May or June.
Dug some more of the garden by hand and then ran the rototiller over it again today. I need to do the last little bit tomorrow and fertilise it, rake it over and in a few days we will put in at least 2 or maybe 3 rows of potatos.
Burning off leaves and twigs, We'll be butchering the ducks on Friday and will season, stuff and cook one on Sunday and freeze the other two.
Got an call from my gypsy son's uncle: would he and I be willing to cut down about 20 some odd walnut, acacia and hazelnut trees on his land before the first snow so he can sell the wood and then sell the land in 2023???
He pays the gas, oil, new saw chains, food and drinks and then some cash. He wants to sell the land for 5 million Forint. ($20 K) after he makes another 3-4 million selling the wood.
All is set, we just need to co-ordinated the timeframe in the next weeks. I can use the money.

Latest posts

Back