Freezing my hands --- need shooting glove recommendation

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmttactical

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Greeting from the frozen hands land. Yes I know I am a winter wimp but that does not change the fact that my hands need warm gloves. Arizona valley winters are not covered in snow but my hands don't care. Last Saturday, it was about 40 degrees F but I was losing the feeling in my fingers. Cotton knit gloves did not cut the mustard.

I would really appreciate any suggestions. Please keep in mind that I stated shooting gloves. My rifles have very light triggers (6.5 Creedmoor is 1.5 pounds) and I don't want any accidental discharges. Big bulky gloves will be too big to safely slip into the trigger guard. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Singed:
The Winter wimp.

The one and only trigger finger mittens are what you need.
roeckl-tallin-trigger-unisex-fahrradhandschuhe-schwarz-2d37fbebf7401e8d,1,3,2,dddc1e68,0.jpg
Look like this. These are for bike riding, but would work. If you can get to a Military shop or online, the Army has leather mittens with canvas parts and an extra trigger-finger for the arctic weather. GP

Ever since I started wearing Thinsulate lined leather gloves, I haven't had the problems with cold fingers I used to. I used to have to carry handwarmers hunting, but haven't carried a handwarmer since I don't know when.

The lined leather gloves are much thinner than the gloves I used to wear too.

Great suggestion and I will be checking each and everyone of them. Maybe I can even find a pair with all or most of the suggestions built in. I have several weeks before my next range trip. I just have not had a need until now. I also think it would be a good idea if I learned to shoot during cold winters. I seriously doubt the bad times will wait until summer.

UPDATE: The wife felt so bad about my frozen fingers, during her Craft Fair event, she has been on a mission. I now have thermal underwear AND a new pair of gloves. I do not want to discount her efforts, so I have halted my glove search. I am keeping a list of all the suggestions and if this pair of gloves do not work well, I will resume my search. I am sincerely grateful for all of the outstanding suggestions. It warmed my heart and in the future it may warm my hands. Thank you all for your posts.

Latest posts

Back