"free" health care

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at the pics.

This guy lives in a country with socialized medicine, yet over 3 years he grew a 5" 'horn' out his back from cancer. Includes pictures...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-50955514

Yup, it's working out great. Brent, have a read, please tell us how wonderful these gov't run programs are again.

How about using FACTS , This guy never went to his Doctors until it was 5 inches long, as soon as he did he was admitted to hospital and treated. If he lived in the US and could not afford medical insurance it would have kept growing and spreading unless a charity helped. He is now back at work in construction, in the US he could have died. Neither system is perfect, ours is good but far to easily accessible by foreigners. So should I say THIS story typifies Americans?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jan/30/wife-son-dumped-roger-curry-dementia-uk-car-park No of course not.

Just had a quick google about US healthcare and the PBS service has this piece. https://www.pbs.org/healthcarecrisis/uninsured.html

44,000,000 Americans have NO medical cover and another 38 million had inadequate health cover. So in the US you have the population of England near as dammit with no medical cover. That shows the imperfect side of the US system is as bad as the imperfect UK system.

On dentistry because Americans like to laugh at British imperfect smiles :) 74 million Americans thats MORE than the whole of Britain do not have access to a dentist.
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money...age-gives-protection-within-limits/665409001/

Where as in the UK everyone has access to dentists, its 100% free from birth to 18 and for over 65s, those in the middle pay on average about $40 a year for NHS dental checks if needed. The flaw in the UK system is that you can wait up to two or three weeks for routine dental treatment appointments. Fancy dentistry like caps and whitening are not available on the NHS.

TF,,,,there is no way the man did not notice this and it did not grow overnight,,,,,,,,he must have ignored it and not gone to a doctor to have it checked,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think this is more than a little misleading

I also know people who live under socialized medicine, and it can take a year to get in to see a doctor. The article doesn't say how long he waited or when he first tried to schedule. This thing grew an inch every 6 months. I doubt he ignored it after the first 1".

On dentistry because Americans like to laugh at British imperfect smiles :) 74 million Americans thats MORE than the whole of Britain do not have access to a dentist.

Not having insurance is far from not having 'access' to a dentist. I don't have dental coverage and I still see a dentist regularly.

That is total Bullshit Bill. Every American has "access" to a dentist.

My brother in law has a dental practice in a small town in a depressed area. Most of his patients are well below the poverty level. Medicaide pays their bills, they pay nothing. They usually wait until their dental problems are severe before going in to see him. It's not because they can't afford it, they just don't go. The dentist is there and accessible. They can make an appointment with him ANYTIME THEY WANT, they just DON'T GO.

I have never had dental insurance or Medicaide, and I'm hardly "wealthy." Does that mean I don't have access to a Dentist just because someone else is not paying? NO, I still go to the dentist and pay for it myself. It has never been a financial hardship.

Last edited:
What I see as the biggest problem is COST. The US needs to do something to address cost. My oldest son, makes a better than average income but does not have dental insurance. He needs some dental work done and the best estimate he has too date is >$12,000. Guess he is not going to be getting the dental work done any time soon. Just had one of the bad tooth yanked to stop the pain. Could not afford any reconstruction to save the tooth.

Complete conventional dentures: $1275-$2750 for upper or lower dentures (not both).

Complete immediate dentures: $1475-$3150 for upper or lower dentures (not both).

Cast-metal partial dentures: $950-$1900 for upper or lower dentures (not both).

Acrylic partial dentures: $650-$1050 for upper or lower dentures (not both).

Flexible acrylic partial dentures: $1000-$1450 for upper or lower dentures (not both).​

Jack, $12k? I wouldn't think dentures would be that much. What in the world costs that much at a dentist's office?

Not dentures. But extraction and implants. Wifey when through this on one tooth. Extraction, bone graft to give the implant something to attach to, then the implant. One tooth can cost up to $5,000 by the time you are done. Dentures would be cheaper but having teeth implanted in your mouth is much more natural. In our case, we had dental coverage that paid a big part. Not all but a lot.

No implants here. Not including wisdom teeth I've had two teeth pulled, one in front and one in back. I have a bridge in front and just a missing tooth in back. All paid for in cash. I can't afford implants, so I don't have them. The idea that I should make someone else buy implants for me is repulsive.

Oh, I might add that the pulled tooth in back was due to a very botched filling overseas under socialized medicine.

Latest posts

Back