Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking in the canned meat department for some kind of non perishable meat to keep on the shelf at BOL2. I saw the Spam price...😲
Sitting next to the Spam was Armor Star Treet, and it was significantly less expensive. I looked at the ingredients and it a blend of several different meats. I bought some of the low sodium Treet to try it.
I like it a LOT better than Spam! Spam I have to mask the taste with mustard or hot sauce (same with Vienna sausages). I can eat the Treet cold straight out of the can.
Not bad as a SOS with some baked beans on toast. Not bad at all!

I was looking in the canned meat department for some kind of non perishable meat to keep on the shelf at BOL2. I saw the Spam price...😲
Sitting next to the Spam was Armor Star Treet, and it was significantly less expensive. I looked at the ingredients and it a blend of several different meats. I bought some of the low sodium Treet to try it.
I like it a LOT better than Spam! Spam I have to mask the taste with mustard or hot sauce (same with Vienna sausages). I can eat the Treet cold straight out of the can.
Not bad as a SOS with some baked beans on toast. Not bad at all!
I seen that next to the Spam yesterday at the store. I'll have to give it try next we go shopping.

1703071205696.jpeg

My wife can't eat farm raised salmon. She really didn't know why or what the difference was, all she knew is that unless it was wild caught Alaskan salmon it made her skin break out.. I honestly thought it was all in her head that there was a difference, but when I looked into it, now I won't eat the farm raised salmon either, even though it doesn't bother me (other than mentally) to eat it.

I have found even with wild caught fish- its been frozen a couple times.
Once in the holding area of the boat, then after processing. When it gets to the store and says previously frozen, that’s a no for me.
I will stick to the frozen closest to the source. (Until I move near the 2 of the best salmon fishing rivers and sea docks)
I used to catch east coast salmon fresh. My boat at the time had the gear. Just pretty small for a Great Lake weather.
Snagging (when it was legal) put up a lot in the smoker. Hard part was getting them out of the river gorge.

I don't think wild caught Alaskan salmon would be fit to eat if it didn't get frozen before shipping it all the way over here.

Flash frozen seafood is not necessarily bad. Royal Red shrimp (deepwater Gulf shrimp) are flash frozen on the boat as soon as they are caught because they spoil so fast. You can't get actual fresh Royal Reds even at the markets on the docks.

BRICS is taking control of the shipping lanes. This will not turn out well for us. We need the Red Sea for transportation of many things.

A huge delay of things needed for planting will wreak havoc on the world’s food supply.

1703344105404.png

The shipping lanes around South Africa have gone from pale yellow to bright orange within days because of the fighting in the RedSea near Yemen! Going around is a much slower route and a more dangerous route. Many ships sink in the Cap of Good Hope.

Weird! In my area, most everything has gone up, and I get prime rib every year for xmas dinner. For some reason that was less this year..I always get it at Publix..it was $48 this year! Last year I recall was $60+. I think it was mispriced because my whole bill in Publix was $67 and change w cple other things I picked up there. I had already done my other shopping elsewhere at 2 other places but I prefer to get the Prime rib from Publix given our choices here. I was expecting to pay over $100. It does go up for New Years..I checked this morning and it's $18.49 a lb. Would be $129 for same prime rib roast I got before Xmas. Go figure! I think it usually goes on sale before thnxgiving and xmas.

Again, not a food shortage, but for a while now I've been buying bottles of bleach tablets instead of paying $7+.00 for a gallon of bleach.. Wally W has had plenty of bottles of them. Last weekend I had to run in there and I went by isle to pick up another bottle or 2 for stock and they had only1 bottle on the shelf left. I got it.

Not really a big deal to me, (i have lots of bottles, plus other bleach equivalent (cds tabs), but interesting to now see the shelf bare for that product..
It's $3.00 and change vs $7.00 and change. I hear some areas a gallon of bleach is $9.00+! 🫨 whoa!

Latest posts

Back