Flu

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as far as I have read you get Hepatitis A from consuming contaminated food and water-which wont apply in normal circumstances, or from CLOSE contact with an infected person.
dosent sound like we'd get it from just using a door handle or a trolley does it?

If the carrier sneezes or cough in their hands and touch the railing or door handles they have transferred the virus.

Edited
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC516324/

Last edited:
as far as I have read you get Hepatitis A from consuming contaminated food and water-which wont apply in normal circumstances, or from CLOSE contact with an infected person.
dosent sound like we'd get it from just using a door handle or a trolley does it?
I guess it depends upon how much you touch your face.....or on how nasty and disgusting ypu are.

One thing that goes along with washing your hands often is don’t touch your face when out in public. Most don’t even realize how many times they rub their eyes, scratch their nose or touch their lips. These are all three the most common ways you transmit a virus or bug to yourself. I was nice and didn’t mention PICKING YOUR NOSE..... just don’t do it, gross.

don't be so rude.
I apologize. I was misinterpreted, and didn't mean to be rude.

I was pointing out that peoples' personal hygiene practices have a lot to do with spreading colds and flu.

Again, I apologize, and didn't mean you personally.

I am a high functioninh autistic person, and as such I sometimes have problems communicating.

Adolf Hitler was crazy because he had suffered the flu

Mr. Hitler was also suffering from the constant bouts of syphilis and herpes. He suffered sexual abuse from his uncle, failed in Art School in Vienna and had to sell his ### on the streets as a call-boy to survive until he was old enough to join the military and become a sadist and the criminal that they jailed in 1922 in the prison in Landsberg am Lech. My landlord (Hans Holzmann) was working there as a guard when I met him in 1980. I was working as the Detachment translator for the Pershing Warhead Storage unit in Lagerlechfeld, south of Augsburg. His collegues told him the original guards had always said that the visitors were the ones who wrote the book "Mein Kampf". Hitler was not literary capable or intelligent enough to create such a moving work of writing.
The point made by Kevin can be also traced back to the flu, being at the time hard to fight and not yet having any or any effective preventative medicine against it. GP

If you touch a grocery store buggy handle or a door knob at a bank then you’re mingling in public
THAT is why I wear gloves Brent. Looks funny, but after shopping and touching the shopping carts, door handles, elevator buttons, escalatort bands and other publicly touched and never disinfected objects, I'd rather have the germs on the gloves and not on my hands. After returning home from ANYWHERE, we all wash our hands. GP

If the carrier sneezes or cough in their hands and touch the railing or door handles they have transferred the virus.

All of you are right, the only thing left out is: even if you have a gel, soap, alcohol or disenfection whatever, the needed 3-5 minutes SCRUB is the only way to effectively mimimise the real threat from germs and getting sick from them. The idea is only - reducing the possibility-. Doing anything is better than doing nothing and doing nothing is like "not prepping"...GP

I apologize. I was misinterpreted, and didn't mean to be rude.

I was pointing out that peoples' personal hygiene practices have a lot to do with spreading colds and flu.

Again, I apologize, and didn't mean you personally.

I am a high functioninh autistic person, and as such I sometimes have problems communicating.
you are right about peoples gross habits, the amount of times I have seen people snort into their hands or wipe their nose on their sleeves- dosent anyone use a tissue or a handkerchief any more? and I have even had someone snort down my neck in large gatherings.

Morning bigpaul, went to town before Christmas so I could have some hot-spiced wine with my son and not drive home. A young woman was coughing almost in the face of an older man next to us, without covering her mouth. THEN, she yawned and covered her mouth...Couldn't help myself. Got her attention and said:
"Even my 4 yr. old granddaughter knows to cover her mouth when she coughs!!"
Got appreciative looks from other people, but just a dead look from her...some people are what we call "intelligence resistant"... GP

Latest posts

Back