WTF!?!? Florida school shooting

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been in a couple other threads here, I had no idea either until yesterday.

Cowardice and dereliction of duty. My wife (former teacher) says school safety officers see it as an "easy" gig. I would agree that no one ever expects to be shot at, but you took the money, you took the oath, you go in there, that simple.

Man, that doesn't help the "good guy with a gun is the best defense against a bad guy with a gun" argument.

I guess that argument is valid if the good guy knows how to use his/her weapon and doesn't resort to cowardice in the face of adversity.

Man, that doesn't help the "good guy with a gun is the best defense against a bad guy with a gun" argument.

I guess that argument is valid if the good guy knows how to use his/her weapon and doesn't resort to cowardice in the face of adversity.

It also throws out the argument that Law Enforcement should only have firearms, politicians and a good portion of the left are quick to point out don't arm oneself let the Police handle it. Apparently the majority of people and Pols keep forgetting the Supreme Court ruled that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm.

Just how many lives were lost in those 4 minutes he was taking his defensive position outside? Had he gone in and confronted, maybe he could have killed Cruz, maybe not. He could have at least made an effort and maybe distract Cruz and save some of those kids. Its really a sad. Two other LEO officers are on leave too. They had told Peterson two years ago about getting a tip from a family member saying they needed to take away guns. . . he wanted to shoot up the school. Those two officers didn't inform the higher ups? Big investigation going on now.

It also throws out the argument that Law Enforcement should only have firearms, politicians and a good portion of the left are quick to point out don't arm oneself let the Police handle it. Apparently the majority of people and Pols keep forgetting the Supreme Court ruled that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm.

Very true. People always say, "Oh don't worry, you don't need a gun. The police will help you if you're in trouble." Well, some unarmed kids needed the police help, and the police hid like a coward.

You gotta wonder why this officer was placed in a school. . . was it just cause he was close to retirement age and wanted an easy job or was it something else?

We have a guy who works for the sheriffs department here. His dad was a big contributor to the city and well respected. He ended up 'giving' both his kids their own homes and basically helped the son land his position as a deputy. He has been under review often and they finally placed him as a court bailiff to try and help keep his nose clean until he retires next year.

Now it seems 4 responding County Officers were on the scene quickly and took up posistions behind their cars and waited . I know there are procesdures but a school shooting usually runs till the shooter is stopped or He see's He's caught and gives up or off's Himself .

There are time’s and place’s for procedures and personal safety needs to be taken into account but there are also times when procedures need to scuttled and personal safety comes secondary, in this case was an exception to policy given kids are involved. I really do hate Monday morning quarterbacking this tragedy, I guess that’s what I’m doing though with everything in hindsight.

I wonder if he was a Democrat ? Liberal ? We do have a lot of the Liberal Left in LE. I will guess he took an educated guess which door shooter would exit and he was going to ambush him when he exited, but that didn't happen, he's retired now and will soon be moving to a small plot of land in New Mexico living off the grid with nearest neighbor 20 miles away....

“He should have went in, addressed the killer, killed the killer,” his ex-boss, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, said after reports emerged Thursday of Peterson’s inaction, prompting widespread outrage.

I wonder if he was a Democrat ? Liberal ?

There is only 1 possible answer: YES. He sat on his butt & waited for "the gov't" to show up & fix things. He thought talking about the situation was the proper response rather than doing something. He took no risk to himself even though it was his job. And he lived on the taxes others paid and did nothing to justify it.

And his reward is that he gets to retire now. Pathetic.

While I tend to agree with everything here, and the officer should have tried to nail the shooter...you (and I, for that matter) weren't there.

A 9mm Glock against an AR-15 is pretty sh---ty odds.

People--even seasoned soldiers--sometimes freeze.

I'm not excusing his inaction. Plainly he had a duty to act.

Even so...you might have froze too.

There is only 1 possible answer: YES. He sat on his butt & waited for "the gov't" to show up & fix things. He thought talking about the situation was the proper response rather than doing something. He took no risk to himself even though it was his job. And he lived on the taxes others paid and did nothing to justify it.

And his reward is that he gets to retire now. Pathetic.

lol. So now you're declaring him a liberal/democrat with no evidence at all. That's a responsible thing to do!

“He should have went in, addressed the killer, killed the killer,” his ex-boss, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, said after reports emerged Thursday of Peterson’s inaction, prompting widespread outrage.
I bet he will have to live in hiding for a long time.

Even so...you might have froze too.

Anything is possible. But I don't know how I could live with myself given how my cowardice cost 17 children their lives. Children. I would either kill myself or retreat to a mountainside where I would never need to look another person in the eyes. My shame would condemn me.

School shooters are cowards. Every one of them. An AR15 in the hands of a coward is still a coward. I'll take odds on a trained, determined man with a glock over a nutjob 19 year old with an AR15 any day of the week. It was this guy's job to be trained, be ready, and to step into the line of fire when these children faced a slaughter.

Might he have been shot or killed? Of course. But he has known that possibility since he first put on the badge. But might he have save 50 or 100 children from slaughter? It was his job, his purpose to stand between the shooter and the kids. Period.

IF anyone wants to defend this guy's actions, you are setting up the next cop to abandon children in their time of need. You are saying it's ok to sit outside and eat donuts while children are slaughtered? Is that what you want?

YouTube is threatening to suspend the Alex Jones channel and has pulled a couple of videos dealing with the shooting. Now, ordinarily, I am very skeptical of Infowars. But if you watch one of the videos YouTube has pulled...well watch it for yourself and ask yourself WHY was it pulled by YouTube?

https://dj5jpsu4nsktd.cloudfront.net/David+Hogg+Can't+Remember+His+Lines+In+TV+Interview.mp4

UPDATE

YouTube has apparently done a 180 on this and the video is now back:

Last edited:
Infowars talks all the time about 'triggering' liberals. Calls them 'goblins'. But the more I see, the more real those terms are.

Some snowflake at youtube got triggered. They couldn't face the truth so they tried to block it. Their bias was highlighted and they backed off... it's that simple.

Latest posts

Back