Explosion in Antarctic sea ice levels may cause another ice age

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
"Upside-down "rivers" of warm ocean water may be one of the causes of Antarctica's ice shelves breaking up, leading to a rise in sea levels. But a new study suggests an increase in sea ice may lead to a much more devastating change in the Earth's climate — another ice age."

https://www.foxnews.com/science/explosion-antarctic-sea-ice-ice-age

Global warming or Global cooling, it is ALL climate change. We have to do sometime before it kills all of us. I know, send Al Gore some more money. He will address the issue. (Maybe not fix it but at least claim he can!)

It's hard to fix something man doesn't control or have anything to do with but don't tell gore :)

Sorry chaps it WAY to late the world ended at least 5 years ago.
So we have the galloping lefty Senator from New York Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who says we have TWELVE years to save the world from climate change. BUT.

Andrew Simms of the Guardian told us many years ago that we had only 100 months to avoid disaster,meaning that time ran out in 2016.

Al Gore told us that we had just ten years in July of 2008 to ensure the survival of the United States of America. So America has been screwed for a decade now.

Jim Hensen warned in 2009that Obama only had four years to save Earth. Apparently Earth was lost in 2013.

Prince Charles told us in May 2008 that we had just eighteen months to stop climate change. That gave us until the end of 2009. Then Prince Charles by July 2009, on the other hand said this had been extended to just 96 months to save the world, In July 2019 Charles once again said we have 18 months to save the world. Time ran out in 2017.

Lester Brown published in 2009 that we had only months, not years to save civilisation from climate change. Its been years.

It's apparent that some people don't realize that sea ice has already displaced the ocean water. That means that every bit of sea ice around Antarctica could melt tomorrow and the ocean levels won't change a bit, kind of like ice in your glass of scotch. Another fact is that the sea ice around Antarctica increases in size 3-4 times every winter. Also ice (packed snow) is constantly flowing from the center of Antarctica towards the ocean. Eventually that ice breaks off, as been happening ever since there was ice on the continent. The ice (packed snow) in the center of the continent is over 2 miles thick. The average snow fall in much of Antarctica averages around 1/2 inch per year. There's also a fresh water lake (Lake Vostok) under the ice that's over 1400 feet deep and 4800 sq miles in size.

It’s easy to find a few articles on the world is getting colder. The fact still is that 90+ percent of studies say it’s getting warmer and dryer, and ocean levels are going to get higher. I’m always going to side with the majority of the scientific communities over a political parties opinions.
There is no doubt in my mind that the overpopulation of the world is the cause of ominous changes to our planet. Less deforestation, cleaner fuels, etc. are all good ideas. The number one thing that would help the most though I never hear anyone talk about. Birth control would solve most of the problems we are currently and will face down the road. If we lowered the number of people by 50% the world would be much more sustainable. Currently populations continue to explode world wide. Of course there are some minor exceptions, but overall people need to slow down on procreation.

Do I get to pick which groups will have birth control forced on them? China tried that and it worked out so Well (sarcasm here). Over population is a huge problem. The answer is to allow the countries that can't get their population under control (voluntary plan) to starve and quit sending food and aid to them. Continuing to send food and aid will not change the or fix the problem. The people either learn to breed within their food supplies or starve.

The two biggest contributors to over population have been modern medicine and modern farming practices. Both have kept the third world breeders alive and fed who otherwise would have died off. This has allowed unchecked breeding and survival of a huge number of resource consumers without any added benefit.

Africa has gold, oil, diamonds, lapis-lasurli, animals, enough water and more than enough food. It could sustain itself. When the world would stop raping its wealth and the African dictators would stop hoarding the wealth, Africa could do quite well. Ethiopia is supposedly one of the poorest nations there with draughts all no food. Why does the president of Ethiopia have $ 800,000,000 ( 8 hundred million) in a Swiss bank? and how much does his generals and cronies have on top of that? His neighbor nations have no problems with money and droughts, they are democratic though...Don't send them anything, AND stop taking from them. Let them work it out. America went through civil war and civil unrest and has still enough problems with the KKK, street gangs, neo-nazis and such. Why should they not have the same chances to change their nations future and fight for their rights also as we did? The north vs. south; kurds vs. turks; sikh vs. hindu; japanese vs. chinese; serbs vsd. croatians; irish vs. brits. How long is the list? As long as there are the 1% who think they are better, then our children will have to sort it out. I think Silent Earth once said: ""old men start wars, young ones have to fight them"". Prep well and live free, GP

The two biggest contributors to over population have been modern medicine and modern farming practices. Both have kept the third world breeders alive and fed who otherwise would have died off. This has allowed unchecked breeding and survival of a huge number of resource consumers without any added benefit.
And welfare states have a huge part to play in this, In many western countries girls have babies at 16 simply yo get free public housing and free cash, every couple of years they bash out another to keep the money flowing, In the UK they can get up to $34,000 a year for doing NOTHING, and the craftier ones try and get as many of their kids as possible diagnosed with things like autism or ADHD because that means more free money.

In South America ( camps and favelas) In Africa (in camps and drought areas and war zones) in Asia minor many have lived in poor conditions living of international aid for MULTIPLE generations yet they keep banging out child after child after child. None of them have any means to feed, cloth, house, care for them. If we want to cut unchecked breeding scrap welfare systems.

It’s easy to find a few articles on the world is getting colder. The fact still is that 90+ percent of studies say it’s getting warmer and dryer, and ocean levels are going to get higher. I’m always going to side with the majority of the scientific communities over a political parties opinions.
There is no doubt in my mind that the overpopulation of the world is the cause of ominous changes to our planet. Less deforestation, cleaner fuels, etc. are all good ideas. The number one thing that would help the most though I never hear anyone talk about. Birth control would solve most of the problems we are currently and will face down the road. If we lowered the number of people by 50% the world would be much more sustainable. Currently populations continue to explode world wide. Of course there are some minor exceptions, but overall people need to slow down on procreation.

You forget my friend that as these few pacific atolls and mud estuaries sink under the waves because of " climate " change, that hundreds of millions of hectares across Siberia, The Steppes, the Sub Artic, Northern Canada etc are also warming a bit and turning from sub artic areas into temporate areas opening up huge areas for human development.

Also as these little atolls sink or erode right across Scandinavia millions of hectares of land are still rising out of the sea faster than the artolls are flooded cause by the still occuring bounce back from the last Ice age.

None of them have any means to feed, cloth, house, care for them. If we want to cut unchecked breeding scrap welfare systems.
Sad but true, it hurts to think of curbing sex, but overpopulation is causing a large problem here. I only got 2 kids and they are self-supportive thank God.

Africa has gold, oil, diamonds, lapis-lasurli, animals, enough water and more than enough food. It could sustain itself. When the world would stop raping its wealth and the African dictators would stop hoarding the wealth, Africa could do quite well. Ethiopia is supposedly one of the poorest nations there with draughts all no food. Why does the president of Ethiopia have $ 800,000,000 ( 8 hundred million) in a Swiss bank? and how much does his generals and cronies have on top of that? His neighbor nations have no problems with money and droughts, they are democratic though...Don't send them anything, AND stop taking from them. Let them work it out. America went through civil war and civil unrest and has still enough problems with the KKK, street gangs, neo-nazis and such. Why should they not have the same chances to change their nations future and fight for their rights also as we did? The north vs. south; kurds vs. turks; sikh vs. hindu; japanese vs. chinese; serbs vsd. croatians; irish vs. brits. How long is the list? As long as there are the 1% who think they are better, then our children will have to sort it out. I think Silent Earth once said: ""old men start wars, young ones have to fight them"". Prep well and live free, GP

We could pour the entire wealth of Europe, Japan, The US, Canada and the UK into Africa and it would make no noticable difference in the long term.

Sad but true, it hurts to think of curbing sex, but overpopulation is causing a large problem here. I only got 2 kids and they are self-supportive thank God.

Its not harsh or inhuman or immoral to simply say " YES you can have as many babies as you want, but YOU have to provide for ALL their needs and you must do it WITHOUT aid or WITHOUT causing desertification to the lands you live on."

Where to draw the line??? Who says words like this in parliment? Do the baby bombers in London, Paris, or LA get the same treatment as those in Bombay, Cape Town, and Tripolis? Hard thoughts again in these hard times. How many times did the Kings of old start a war, just to get rid of some of their problem soldiers wanting their paycheck? Were they slowing down the over-population or just checking their strategy drawn from playing too much chess?

Global warming or Global cooling, it is ALL climate change. We have to do sometime before it kills all of us
Nature has a wonderful way of proving it is stronger. It has survived the extinction of many species of animals, unknown numbers of earthquakes, volcanoes, meteorites, atomic explosions and solar flares. It will survive our Global: warming, cooling, expansion, population, water losses and surely a few preppers will survive the next WW, Alien attack, zombie invasion or surge in the prices of tea in China and loss of the trees needed to make toilet paper!
Live free as long as you can, --think you can live longer than planned?--GP

Do I get to pick which groups will have birth control forced on them? China tried that and it worked out so Well (sarcasm here). Over population is a huge problem. The answer is to allow the countries that can't get their population under control (voluntary plan) to starve and quit sending food and aid to them. Continuing to send food and aid will not change the or fix the problem. The people either learn to breed within their food supplies or starve.
Wouldn’t it make a lot more sense to try talking rationally about the problems and come up with an agreement of something like one child per family, vs letting people starve miserably? I agree that getting the different religions and groups to all agree on something isn’t going to be a likely thing, but at least trying to seems a lot more compassionate than seeing people starve to death.

You forget my friend that as these few pacific atolls and mud estuaries sink under the waves because of " climate " change, that hundreds of millions of hectares across Siberia, The Steppes, the Sub Artic, Northern Canada etc are also warming a bit and turning from sub artic areas into temporate areas opening up huge areas for human development.

Also as these little atolls sink or erode right across Scandinavia millions of hectares of land are still rising out of the sea faster than the artolls are flooded cause by the still occuring bounce back from the last Ice age.
Your right, some vast artic areas that have been frozen wastelands will be made more usable. But the main problem that’s causing the changes isn’t going to go away unless people start using their brains and start to fix some of the causes. As far as climate change goes, there isn’t a problem when things change slowly over millions of years. It’s when things change quickly and animal species can’t adapt quickly enough to survive is where the problem comes in. In my short lifetime I have seen storms intensify and become more frequent. Producing food for all these people will be even more of a challenge.

at least trying to seems a lot more compassionate than seeing people starve to death.
You are right, the big problem problem is, this is not a one-way street. Help where you can, reduce the help when the "helped" gets going on his own, and knowing when to stop helping so he is self-sufficient. Too much help is like too much money, it corrupts the need to cope with yourself, your problems and getting back into the reality of being normally self-sufficient. help? definitely. endless help? sometime the money will run out and even the helper is going down...where is the line? GP

Latest posts

Back