Eliminate your cell phone bill!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

God Like
Reaction score
If you live, as I do, under a wi-fi blanket, you can entirely eliminate your cellular bill. Download/install the "TextNow" app. It's free, but you can get the ad-free paid version for less than $3 a month. (textnow.com)

It lets you send/receive calls, send/receive texts, and gives you unlimited access to the Internet. It works through any wireless network, and eliminates the need for any cellular service. The "bad news" is that when you're NOT in range of a wireless network you will have no phone service at all. Since I am very rarely without wireless this service works well for me, and eliminated my $100 a month cellular bill. Now I pay $2.99 a month, period.

If you live, as I do, under a wi-fi blanket, you can entirely eliminate your cellular bill. Download/install the "TextNow" app. It's free, but you can get the ad-free paid version for less than $3 a month. (textnow.com)

It lets you send/receive calls, send/receive texts, and gives you unlimited access to the Internet. It works through any wireless network, and eliminates the need for any cellular service. The "bad news" is that when you're NOT in range of a wireless network you will have no phone service at all. Since I am very rarely without wireless this service works well for me, and eliminated my $100 a month cellular bill. Now I pay $2.99 a month, period.
where I live unless I am sitting at home I have no internet,so that is not an option,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I have unlimited talk and text on my cell and limited internet for $30 per month,,,,,,,ATT prepaid

If any are low income, like we are, you can get a lifeline phone. First time trying it out, have had it about 4 months now. 1000 talk minutes, unlimited text, and 3gb data, $0 per month, even got a phone for free. Have to qualify yearly to keep it. I get a bit better reception out here in the boonies with it's Sprint service than my hubbies AT&T service (Unreal Mobile, unlimited talk/text, 1gb data $10 a month).

Last edited:
If any are low income, like we are, you can get a lifeline phone. First time trying it out, have had it about 4 months now. 1000 minutes, unlimited text, and 3gb data, $0 per month, even got a phone for free. Have to qualify yearly to keep it. I get a bit better reception out here in the boonies with it's Sprint service than my hubbies AT&T service (Unreal Mobile, unlimited talk/text, 1gb data $10 a month).
These are a great option, but just remember they are subsidized by the government which means they can potentially be controlled by that same government if they choose to do so. I believe in taking advantage of things like this when they are available, because your tax dollars are paying for it anyway. But don't forget who ultimately controls them.

NOTHING is free. It may be without cost to you, but it is not free. You paid your taxes, someone decided to help the lower income people with your or others taxes...not free.
Always take the way you need, don't ask why or how, just say yes and thank you. Do not misuse this system, someone will then decide the low income don't need the help anymore...like all misused things in the system...GP

NOTHING is free. It may be without cost to you, but it is not free. You paid your taxes, someone decided to help the lower income people with your or others taxes...not free.
Always take the way you need, don't ask why or how, just say yes and thank you. Do not misuse this system, someone will then decide the low income don't need the help anymore...like all misused things in the system...GP

TextNow is supported by advertising. The ad-free version is $2.99 monthly. So, no, it's not "free." But it's not a "low income, taxpayer supported" app, either, like the Obama phones are.

Latest posts

Back