COVID-19 in Italy

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The news is not good at all from Italy today. COVID-19 cases and deaths are still accelerating. On average in the last 24 hours, 26 people died per hour.

Italy COVID-19 7-day Statistics as of 20 Mar 2020:
Date..Confirmed....Deaths
03-14 21,157(+20%) 1,441(+175)
03-15 24,747(+17%) 1,809(+368)
03-16 27,980(+13%) 2,158(+349)
03-17 31,506(+13%) 2,503(+345)

03-18 35,713(+13%) 2,978(+475)
03-19 41,035(+15%) 3,405(+427)
03-20 47,021(+14%) 4,032(+627)

Last edited:
You have the right attitude! It is a true survivalist one! Have you thought about rabbits?
I raised rabbits here for a long time. Still have a few in the big freezer. I just really didn’t like rabbit meat much and my wife complained so much about the smell when I cooked it I finally gave up. Kind of wish I still had a breeding pair though right now.

Brent this image is true it was on Sky news last night with the reporter on the scene, The number comes from there are also all of the other dead ( accidents, crimes, old age, other illness etc) to be disposed of as well.
I believe it is a true story as well, just pointing out that you can take any image and make up whatever story you want to go with it. A good percentage on line is bogus.

I raised rabbits here for a long time. Still have a few in the big freezer. I just really didn’t like rabbit meat much and my wife complained so much about the smell when I cooked it I finally gave up. Kind of wish I still had a breeding pair though right now.

Brent I have to admit rabbit is not one of my favorite meats and definitely an acquired taste I think. I personally just never acquired it. Husband on the other hand has. That being said I will always have rabbits as long as I garden because of their value as a fertilize producer. Rabbit poop can be used fresh in moderation and does not burn. Is wonderful in a compost pile and my husband also uses it in his worm bed. The worm castings then go into the garden. The worms catch fish. Rabbits are easy to feed and an easy animal to raise as they require very little space. I just would not want to try to live on rabbit alone.

Brent I have to admit rabbit is not one of my favorite meats and definitely an acquired taste I think. I personally just never acquired it. Husband on the other hand has. That being said I will always have rabbits as long as I garden because of their value as a fertilize producer. Rabbit poop can be used fresh in moderation and does not burn. Is wonderful in a compost pile and my husband also uses it in his worm bed. The worm castings then go into the garden. The worms catch fish. Rabbits are easy to feed and an easy animal to raise as they require very little space. I just would not want to try to live on rabbit alone.
I raised New Zealand whites for about two years. They really were easy to care for and produced loads of fertilizer. I am sure if things get worse I could learn to like rabbit meat if beef wasn’t available. I posted a thread about raising them here, and cleaning, etc. would take some digging but it’s on here.

I raised New Zealand whites for about two years. They really were easy to care for and produced loads of fertilizer. I am sure if things get worse I could learn to like rabbit meat if beef wasn’t available. I posted a thread about raising them here, and cleaning, etc. would take some digging but it’s on here.

I'll try to find that. Thanks I think for me I would really like to maybe get down to one pair of New Zealands for meat and maybe a pair of angora for fiber production. That is down the road though. If the Good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise.

The news is not good at all from Italy today. COVID-19 cases and deaths are still accelerating. On average in the last 24 hours, 26 people died per hour.

Italy COVID-19 7-day Statistics as of 20 Mar 2020:
03-14 21,157(+20%) 1,441(+175)

This is why we are practicing social distancing in the US and some states are on lockdown. Is it overreaction? I don't know. But imagine the situation in Italy on the scale of the entire US.

Exactly Karloshi! The mindset needs changed from, “I’m stuck at home, to this is my chance to do the things I’ve wanted to for a long time!
I'm finishing a couple craft projects that have been sitting in my

Italy COVID-19 7-day Statistics as of 21 Mar 2020:

03-21 53,578(+14%) 4,825(+793)

Last edited:
Maybe this is a stupid question but. . . .
We have seen China, Italy and many other countries infection rate going up fast with many deaths. In the US, our cases are rising, but at a slower rate because of Trump putting the travel restrictions in place way before the other countries along with other preventive measurements. So my question is this, do you think that we will see about the same infection rate percentage wise with the other countries, just at a slower rate. As in the US infection period will draw out a lot longer but since trying not to overwhelm our health services will (I hope) save so many more lives.

Maybe this is a stupid question but. . . .
We have seen China, Italy and many other countries infection rate going up fast with many deaths. In the US, our cases are rising, but at a slower rate because of Trump putting the travel restrictions in place way before the other countries along with other preventive measurements. So my question is this, do you think that we will see about the same infection rate percentage wise with the other countries, just at a slower rate. As in the US infection period will draw out a lot longer but since trying not to overwhelm our health services will (I hope) save so many more lives.

Our sister hospital in central Texas is due to be out of PPE on April 6. No other supplies are expected to come until the end of April. I saw the New York mayor begging for hospital PPE and he said his calls have gone unanswered. Now I see where New York is requesting that patients only be tested for the virus if the medical treatment would be different. Texas is definitely low on testing supplies. Less testing would result in artificially low numbers for the US. It would also keep people spreading the virus. We don't have enough testing kits and we don't have enough PPE.

Lack of testing and lack of PPE and medical equipment is what is going to make us worse off than everyone else. It's great that Trump placed early travel restrictions, but the virus is already here. New cases are having less and less to do with travel overseas.

Our sister hospital in central Texas is due to be out of PPE on April 6. No other supplies are expected to come until the end of April. I saw the New York mayor begging for hospital PPE and he said his calls have gone unanswered. Now I see where New York is requesting that patients only be tested for the virus if the medical treatment would be different. Texas is definitely low on testing supplies. Less testing would result in artificially low numbers for the US. It would also keep people spreading the virus. We don't have enough testing kits and we don't have enough PPE.

Lack of testing and lack of PPE and medical equipment is what is going to make us worse off than everyone else. It's great that Trump placed early travel restrictions, but the virus is already here. New cases are having less and less to do with travel overseas.
The lack of early planning on ppe production and testing is going to bite us on the ###. They are reporting that trump dismissed the intelligence warnings in January to start these things but he didn’t want to cause alarms to hurt the economy.

Latest posts

Back