Car sale

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psalm7

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I listed My old car on a online sales site . Some Guys from Bama came and bought it today . As You can't be to careful I was armed well .
1527546600372924210918.jpg

I don't think I've ever sold a vehicle, maybe once an old van back in the 90s, usually my vehicles fail the M.O.T.- annual safety check, or they need so much done that its not financially viable so they get scrapped instead.

Im mostly jabbing / showing to be cautious when doing business with People You meet on the internet . Often I hear about Someone getting robbed , kidnapped , disappeared , killed because they posted a ad on the net . Iv heard of instances where someone had something for sale and someone shows up to look at item and cases the place out for a robbery .

Sale was good , got rid of my old car , Young Man got a old Volvo to "fix up" . He brought 2 Others with Him . I checked out His profile on FB before I told Him to come get it . Im cleaning out a storage shed and will use this method to get rid of stuff thats to good to throw away . Statistically its a safe practice but the bad things can happen when dealing with Others .

Sale was good , got rid of my old car , Young Man got a old Volvo to "fix up" . He brought 2 Others with Him . I checked out His profile on FB before I told Him to come get it . Im cleaning out a storage shed and will use this method to get rid of stuff thats to good to throw away . Statistically its a safe practice but the bad things can happen when dealing with Others .
For sure, the messes you can get into when dealing with others! I work with people all the time but not as intimately as I used to.. I have seen pretty much everything from out right lies, dishonesty, half truths, manipulation, and cons. Nothing much happens that I haven't already been exposed to. Can't remember the last time something NEW happened or a FIRST.

I listed My old car on a online sales site . Some Guys from Bama came and bought it today . As You can't be to careful I was armed well .View attachment 8800
Gotta be prepared. Even if you are sometimes things happen. A lady got robbed here awhile back, she shot the guy in the face, the guy lived and murdered her then, got his sister to help hide the body and he ran, somebody spoke up( saw him somewhere getting his gunshot taken care of, never went to ER) and sis and brother are both in jail. I am glad she at least left a lasting mark on the perpetrator.

trust has to be earned not given away freely.
I've been around too long to take anyone on face value. I learned that a long time ago.
I go on the basis that, if I don't trust them then I wont be surprised when they let me down-which they will.
post SHTF goes without saying, to do otherwise could be fatal.

Last edited:
I have to admit that the older I get the less I trust people, I suppose because of life experience in general. When you are a little kid you trust everyone and believe what everyone says, as life teaches you, that tends to go to the wayside. In the past I also believed that most people had good intentions, just contemplating if that is still the case or not, I'm on the fence about it. Feeling more leery all the time.

I KNOW by my life experience that I cannot trust other people(other than my wife that is and she thinks like me), like you say when your a kid you trust any adult without question- or at least I did in the 50s and 60s, but in the 21st century? no flippin' way!!!

For Internet buying and selling, I always meet at a public place. Typically, I also get there early, and have my wife go in the store, etc. with her phone handy, as a precaution (looking totally unconnected to me). (of course, I'm typically armed too, just in case).

For Internet buying and selling, I always meet at a public place. Typically, I also get there early, and have my wife go in the store, etc. with her phone handy, as a precaution (looking totally unconnected to me). (of course, I'm typically armed too, just in case).

If I sale some smaller stuff I will meet Buyers in Town . But the car I needed Them to come get it .

Back