Arkansan hunter versus Deer, Deer won!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I read this article this morning. Hunting should be a little more even to make it more challenging.... I have often thought about how fair it is to go after a low intelligence animal, armed with a scope, high powered rifle and some corn as bait. Never seemed like the deer had a chance. Now, Rambo had the right manly attitude. If you can take an animal with a knife then it’s sporting and an even match up! Lol. I was just up in the mountains near here and saw some elk with horns that were close to 8’ wide. Anyone going up to that animal armed with just a knife would become the low intelligence of the two.

Hunting is like being a sniper. The object is to NOT let the game have an equal chance. Critters typically have a much better sense of smell than us, eye sight maybe better and most of them can out run us humans, so take advantage of any edge you can get.

During Rut we get a few unprovoked attacks, a few years ago a gentleman was changing a tire on his car in the Idaho panhandle on the side of the highway, the buck killed him. A women 15 miles away from my place had a buck crash through the living room window and begin attacking the lady, a hunter was gored from a buck killing him, the buck was 10 feet away dead from a gunshot wound, a child was attacked by a doe requiring over 300 stitches. Deers are not docile creatures that Disney and cartoons make them out to be!

There are actually several you tube videos of deer kicking the crap out of people. Part of why they are so funny is that stereotype of them being so docile. I was just being silly about fighting one on more even ground. Even though I don’t hunt right now, you can bet the minute I become hungry and can’t just go buy food I’ll be the first in line to bag a deer. As far as them not having a chance, that’s a good point of stealthy they can be to survive.

Deer are vicious. I stay away from them especially the bucks. I try to stay away from wild animals in general.
Try living with these Chinese water deer living wild in the UK

52381420_3f007ae149_z.jpg

D54Psaae_MiEH7h4TFYoHQ1HzEtSzYOpnVly72UOaKY.png

Deer are vicious. I stay away from them especially the bucks. I try to stay away from wild animals in general.
The elk up in the SMtn Park are friggin huge, and really protective of their harem. Some of the dominant males have 8’ wide racks of pointed antlers. Not a wise move to antagonize those guys!

Latest posts

Back