Americas homeless crisis Fox new mini documentary

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
As y'all know both my wife and I love the US and its people, my wife often travels around the US with her bunch of friends. I asked them to sum up their recent trip to the US west coasts San Francisco to LA and Monterey between. " Filthy, Squalid, 3rd world and dangerous" was the general response, something they have NEVER said about anywhere else in the US.

Last edited:
Portland was known for a Mecca of the homeless to come in for the resources

Why? Because they rewarded homelessness. What could possibly go wrong?
But then the resources ran out.

No! Really??? You mean there is not some infinite well of free money you can just keep drawing from forever???? But...But...But...

MORONS :confused:

Last edited:
Let's see now....take a smallish city like, oh, say Wheeling, West Virginia - - - add in three homeless shelters, three "soup kitchens," two of which serve full meals three times a day, free clinics, free haircuts, free coffee/snacks from 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM, two "day shelters" complete with computer rooms, assistance getting food stamps, disability checks, housing for those who want it, free tents, sleeping bags, clothing, and the city becomes a "Mecca" for the homeless, and acts like a magnet sucking in more homeless to get the freebies....pretty soon you have a SMALL city with a HUGE "homeless problem," where the "Homeless Coalition" has a major office and provides assistance to hundreds of "homeless" people. Which is sad because only about 20 - 25% of the "homeless" are truly homeless and WANT to "get a job and get off the streets," while the other 75 - 80% are either mentally ill, or "gaming the system" for all the freebies. Except as we all know, the freebies aren't free, and those who actually work for a living and pay taxes are paying for all those "freebies."

most homeless in the UK seem to have a mental/ drugs/alcohol problem, sometimes all three, some are ex services which shouldn't be right , but many are just homeless because of some personal/family/debts problem.
many more are what we call "sofa surfing"=staying with friends.
you don't see it here in a rural area, it seems to be mostly an urban problem.
I miss the old days when we used to come across tramps, the real "gentlemen of the road", many of which had interesting stories to tell. sadly all long gone now.

Yet, the Park Service seems to have figured this out a long time ago...

s-l300.jpg

Quit feeding the bums and giving them free stuff. They'll get jobs or starve. Don't care which one.

For a moment I was quite upset that you were able to read my mind and write it down.

But I think you missed a 3rd option. Yes, agree: 1) get a job; 2) starve. A lot of this crowd will go on choice 3: Steal for a living. I'm fine with either of the 3 options. It's just that if they choose #3 and come to my place, they will turn into coyote and worm food. And the police will never be bothered with writing a report. If that's the bums' choice and want it, then I'm ok with delivering it. Note that most will stay in big cities where petty crimes are ignored.

Latest posts

Back