What is going on with "The Wall"

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a Nat Geo documentary on it a couple days ago. A group took canoes down the rio grande and filmed their adventure. I had heard there were areas where a wall would be tough to build at due to terrain, but after seeing some of the terrain I’m leaning towards impossible. Another thing that made an impact on me was how much scenic land would be lost by the wall. A lot of farmers and ranchers depend on the river for water. With a wall their pumps would be on the no mans land side of the wall. This show brought up a lot of points I hadn’t considered. It seems to me that starting some kind of National ID system to buy anything would be a more effective and economical way to stop illegals.

I saw a Nat Geo documentary on it a couple days ago. A group took canoes down the rio grande and filmed their adventure. I had heard there were areas where a wall would be tough to build at due to terrain, but after seeing some of the terrain I’m leaning towards impossible. Another thing that made an impact on me was how much scenic land would be lost by the wall. A lot of farmers and ranchers depend on the river for water. With a wall their pumps would be on the no mans land side of the wall. This show brought up a lot of points I hadn’t considered. It seems to me that starting some kind of National ID system to buy anything would be a more effective and economical way to stop illegals.

I'd like to see evidence that farmers are pumping out of the Rio Grand. First, keeping equipment running and not stolen will be a miracle task. Second, 90% of people couldn't care less about how it looks if it keeps illegals/drugs out. I'm just fine with doing a job ID system, love it. But that's easily dismantled/ignored. Keep building the wall, it doesn't come down easily.

Worked at a retirement facility that used an Identification company to verify identification. How well did it work. 27 or of 40 housekeepers were illegal. The wall is the best deterrent. Keep building the wall.

I agree we need to check unlimited immigration. We cannot support the world. I also look at the Great Wall of China and see that as an antiquated solution. I don’t think there is a perfect answer, but do believe an ID system would be more effective. One other thing I saw on the was wall a lot of that area is a seasonal flood plain. A solid wall would drown a lot of the wildlife and cause more flooding on the Mexican side. I can see a tall chain link maybe in populated areas, but don’t agree with a non stop massive concrete structure.

Worked at a retirement facility that used an Identification company to verify identification. How well did it work. 27 or of 40 housekeepers were illegal. The wall is the best deterrent. Keep building the wall.
If that many were illegals then management knew about it and looked away for the cheap labor.

The upper management did know it about because I made them aware of it. The I.D. system is just a new business opportunity to the cartel. They will forge the documents. The best solution for the illegal aliens is to mark them as an invasive specie and allow 365 eradication. They are smarter than the wild hogs, and they will move back to their countries. There are real solutions but too many bleeding hearts prevent them from being implemented.

Last edited:
If I had a virus that was killing my body and I told my immune system that it was not to harm the virus because that would be mean and not accepting of the new incoming intruder but that instead I told my immune system to help the virus and give them free hand outs, insurance, and housing I would be considered insane. The loonie left need to be tried for treason and let ICE round up ALL of the illegals and those who were even just handed free citizen cards and get them out. They are a virus.

Latest posts

Back